IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My 2.
Buy one of those cheap Dlink or Netgear "Firewall" hubs. They have a WAN port and are configurable for the cable companies inane "everyone runs Windows" networks. They come with a DHCP server and are configurable w/any browser. The devices keep the cable co's happy and let you run anything behind them. It's worth to $30.00 imho.

bcnu,
mikem
New Never did
I never did get around to setting my cable modem under Linux. My Linux box ate itself before I could get it running right and I havn't had time to build a new one.

I'm not quite sure what in my Linux box went. I know the power supply, motherboard, CPU, case, and CD-Rom drive are all either very old and/or flaky, so I'm not sure I care much either. I'm planning on building a new system, but I'm in the middle of rush season at work so I'm not sure if I'll get around to it before Christmas.

As for getting a little hub, it's starting to look like a good deal. I don't trust the firewall part of it, but they are cheap and if they simplify my configuration it would be worth it.

Jay
     Cable Modem - (JayMehaffey) - (7)
         MAC address - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             MAC address - (folkert)
         NetBEUI name. - (static) - (2)
             ............................................................ - (folkert) - (1)
                 Support issues. - (static)
         My 2. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Never did - (JayMehaffey)

The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejuidice.
49 ms