IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New First Clue.
"CA, where software goes to die." I used Erwin right before CA bought it, had the last rev before it became CA Erwin. Computer Associates can destroy anything, anytime, anywhere. You can, believe it or not, write a VB app that will do the conversion you want to do. You'll have to know DAO, ADO and DMO, but it can be done. I stand by my earlier post, but if you want help writing an app, lemme know. I'm busier than I'd like to be, but this is one area I know well and I'd be glad to help.

bcnu,
Mikem, M.S., MCSD ;-) How's that for b.s.!
New Yeah I want to do that
write the VB app using DTS in SQL Server to do the conversion; however, my coworker is dead set against that and turns a bright hue of red when I mention using VB to do database migration. WTF should I do that when I can do it by hand like she is doing in Access when she goes from one Access version to another? Like I said before, I am seriously considering becoming a Corn Farmer and get paid not to grow corn, and then use the money to develop open sourced products to put my former employers out of business. ;)

[link|http://games.speakeasy.net/data/files/khan.jpg|"Khan!!!" -Kirk]
     Access migrations to SQL Server - (orion) - (9)
         Re: Access migrations to SQL Server - (jlalexander)
         Agree w/Jason - (mmoffitt)
         ERWin - (ChrisR) - (6)
             I lemba ERWIN! - (orion) - (5)
                 Bloated Crapware, cannot connect to our SQL Server 2000 - (orion) - (4)
                     Just a wild guess, ispar? :-) -NT - (wharris2)
                     Haven't purchased it lately - (ChrisR)
                     First Clue. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Yeah I want to do that - (orion)

I enjoy this motorcade and will recommend it to my niece.
42 ms