IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A spare/mirror/etc. would be good.
Hi Ashton,

It was frustrating during the cable modem problems a while back. Not that I'm complaining...! :-)

Redundancy is good.

But it should be under the same editorial control (or lack thereof) that the real IWeThey has. I don't like the idea of leaving IWeThey up on ezboard in such a way that some other group can claim it as their own. It would be tough to imagine it happening in our case, but I've seen good Usenet groups destroyed by people who have nothing better to do than claim that they're the "real" fans of xyz, see them seed discontent, and ruin things. Scott and Wade and everyone else's handiwork shouldn't be usurped that way. They should keep control. After all, maybe someday IWeThey LLC (or whatever) might look like a good thing to pursue...

But with ezboard's killing of the Blue CSC forums, etc., I expect the ezboard option will be dead soon anyway...

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
New That's sorta why we're keeping it for now.
And the way to do that when we're not there is to lock the forums. If we need it in a hurry, Scott, Peter, Maggie, I or anyone else we made Admin can easily open it all up again in a trice.

But I'm still proceeding with "backing up" the content, anyway. It's proving an interesting project.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Is anyone?
Is anyone backing it up yet? Can do, if needed....
New Yes.
I wanted to re-serve my articles from my server. As I type, I have a script fetching the message contents from them. I'll get the other forums once I've finished building tools to massage it etc.

Did you want a copy of the tools I've created so far?

Wade.

New Re: Yes.
Yes, please send.....will e-mail you.
New Could you re-tune your spam filters?
My email originates from wadebo.lnk.telstra.net :-) and biggs.com doesn't like that. So I can't email you!

Wade.

Moving on out... - (static) - (18)
         Sounds good - (kmself)
         question, why not lock but the most current posts - (boxley) - (13)
             As to handing over.. a scared er.. sacred Trust - (Ashton)
             I'd rather they came here. - (static) - (11)
                 Is it? We went from IWE to IWETHEY to ZIWETHEY - (boxley) - (10)
                     EzBoard is all about making your own boards. - (CRConrad) - (9)
                         Agree. IWeThey should be Scott/Wade/etc.-not a squatter's. -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                             Yes, it couldn't work, even with bare furniture. Only - - (Ashton) - (6)
                                 A spare/mirror/etc. would be good. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                     That's sorta why we're keeping it for now. - (static) - (4)
                                         Is anyone? - (slugbug) - (3)
                                             Yes. - (static) - (2)
                                                 Re: Yes. - (slugbug) - (1)
                                                     Could you re-tune your spam filters? - (static)
                             Also agree - (jb4)
         Why not close them alll now? - (Don) - (2)
             It's so we don't go too far too fast. - (static) - (1)
                 Prudence: don't close 'home' without it______________:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)

It squealed like Steve Ballmer on a canoe trip, unexpectedly pressed into entertaining hillbillies.
77 ms