IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Didn't watch the game but...
...I would guess that punters have the same sort of protection rules as Quarterbacks - meaning that the refs will blow the whistle early to try to keep the 300 lb lineman from killing the 140 lb punters. Down by contact.
New I did...
...guy came in unblocked...kicker had no choice...had he kicked...it would have been blocked out of end zone for a safety (they lose), got tackled...safety (again they lose), try to advance it to a lineman (got picked off...they lose).

Once that guy came in free...it was over.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New He had a shot
the arm was in full extension, he could of kicked while he took the hit and "maybe" got the ball out of the endzone.
Piss poor Bucs defence on 3rd downs No offence in the first half and no right side on the offensive line. Good material but chuckie's got a long way to go.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/Resume.html|skill set]
[link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/index.html|boxley's home page]
qui mori didicit servire dedidicit
New Ok, so I read the paper...
...and found my guess to be totally wrong. :-)

Although the punter still could have punted in that situation, it would probably be academic as the field position would probably mean they were in field goal range. I suspect that passing the ball was probably trying to make something happen in a bad situation.

I suppose if a completion had been made and a first down resulted, we'd be saying how brilliant a decision it was. Of course, most of the time, lineman release early, so it's likely that there would have been a penalty even under such a scenario.
New In your scenario...
...passed, got first down and penalty...they may have survived. NO wouldn't have been able to decline the penalty and TB would have been able to get the kick off...but you are correct in saying it probably would have ended quickly after.

Box is right about what he >should< have done...step left and kick...even if the ball only made it to the 5 he probably would have gotten hit by the defender...roughing would have been the call 15 yds and auto 1st down.

Think coach G will be ok down there...tough first loss but looked like he may have enough bricks there to build something respectable.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     football rule help - (boxley) - (6)
         offensive versus defensive - (bepatient)
         Didn't watch the game but... - (ChrisR) - (4)
             I did... - (bepatient) - (3)
                 He had a shot - (boxley) - (2)
                     Ok, so I read the paper... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                         In your scenario... - (bepatient)

I could make a hat... or a brooch... or a pterodactyl!
79 ms