IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Maybe not perfection, but improvement is possible.
While we may never achieve the "perfect" society, we can work towards it.

I love our country, warts and all.
I don't. I still see it as a work in progress. We've had a great system handed to us. But that system has serious problems. As patriots, it is our duty to address those problems and to leave behind an even better system for the next generation.

Of course, this brand of patriotism will never be popular as it involves too much work and too much involvement.

We aren't in competition with any other country. Our problems are not less disgusting because other's have worse problems.
New I'll answer your "criticism" here...
by saying that I agree with you 100 percent. It is our obligation to future generations to try and make this country "better". If laws become antiquated, we must rewrite them. We need to strive for a "just" society and use our Constitutional freedoms to peaceably assemble, vote, etc... to affect positive change. Where we sometimes get into trouble is that my view of a "just" society may not completely coincide with your view. Justice, like Truth, are concepts and not easily agreed upon. This is where the democracy thang comes in handy.

The price of freedom is eternally vigilance.

What might not have been apparent in my original post was that I love this country, warts and all AND I criticize it in the hopes that some of these warts and all will be removed. If not, I am merely bitching for the sake of bitching. I love my wife despite some of her (my perceived) shortcomings. I am eternally vigilant in trying to point them out to her :-) . Even if she doesn't always agree with me and change, I love her nonetheless. I liken my feelings for her with those to my country. I am aware of its shortcomings, I would like to "improve" it, but I love it nonetheless.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

As soon as you're born they make you feel small
By giving you no time instead of it all
Till the pain is so big you feel nothing at all

J. Lennon - Working Class Hero
New Screamer = USA's Compound W? (g)
New Preparation H...
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

As soon as you're born they make you feel small
By giving you no time instead of it all
Till the pain is so big you feel nothing at all

J. Lennon - Working Class Hero
     What is patriotism? - (boxley) - (25)
         Re: What is patriotism? - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
             Re: What is patriotism? - (deSitter)
         An absolute dedication to dissent. It is our duty. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Maybe - (deSitter)
         Contempt for Chickenhawks and Chickenshits - (deSitter) - (8)
             amen bro -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                 Personally, - (deSitter) - (6)
                     that is one stone cold human Mr Murphy - (boxley) - (5)
                         Saw "To Hell And Back" Recently - (deSitter) - (4)
                             I worked with a Trevis Lunsford here in Charlotte, NC - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                 Cousin Trevis - (deSitter) - (2)
                                     Yup if you get a chance to visit the asheville region - (boxley)
                                     14 entries of name in Charlotte phone book. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Warts, pimples and all... - (screamer) - (6)
             I am, of course, completely different. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                 But is perfection possible? - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                     Maybe not perfection, but improvement is possible. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                         I'll answer your "criticism" here... - (screamer) - (2)
                             Screamer = USA's Compound W? (g) -NT - (wharris2) - (1)
                                 Preparation H... -NT - (screamer)
         9/12 - (mhuber) - (4)
             Dignity and grace - (wharris2) - (3)
                 Is it bigger than your garage? - (mhuber) - (2)
                     Re: Is it bigger than your garage? (boggle) - (wharris2) - (1)
                         Well, there you have it - (mhuber)

That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumblebee!
119 ms