IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New As you suspect, and the Google link indicates...
it's a problem with the Epson Color driver/spooler.

The printer works fine with the D-Link print spooler if I use the "Epson Stylus 800 ESC/P 2" driver. Of course, that's a black and white driver...

I'll mess around with it some more when I get some time and see if I can get a decent color driver to work with it.

Thanks for your help. Bill too!

Any thoughts on question #2 (how to hook up a hub with a 10base2 segment to the D-Link)? :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Question 2
Hi, Scott!

My suggestions about your connections are:

1. If you have an AUI (15-D connector) port on the card, get an external 10BaseT transceiver. Here's a quick google result:

[link|http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buyer/OutPDir.jsp?nxtg=3a7635_7BF494AF8CD4D091&node=&otherForm=n&doSearch=y&advanced=n&searchnode=-1&search=aui%20transceiver|Nextag]

Your balun idea won't work--all it does is let you use twisted pair to make a run instead of coax. The other end of the twisted pair needs to connect into another balun. BTW, "balun" is short for "balanced/unbalanced".

If you have an opportunity to dig in a spare parts bucket, you should be able to get hold of a 10BaseT transceiver for nothing or close to nothing.

You may need to run the EISA config utility to change the 3c579 from BNC to AUI.

This option buys you the ability to get rid of the extra hub and the 10Base2.

2. Just connect the hubs with an uplink port or a crossover cable.

My vote (if it counted for anything) would be to ditch the 10Base2. Running thinnet is masochistic. The extra hub to do media conversion probably costs you a fat transformer plugged into you power strip, too. Speaking of masochism, if you do go with the AUI transceiver, make sure that:

1. The transceiver is physically well secured to the connector on the card.

2. If there's an SQE or heartbeat switch on it, turn it to the off position.

Hope this helps,

Mike
New Good info. Thanks for the tips!
     OK, so I've got this D-Link DI-704P. Works fine, except... - (Another Scott) - (10)
         WAG - (boxley) - (3)
             No go. The D-Link knows when the printer is on, etc. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 On the port and cable linking - (boxley) - (1)
                     See post below. :-) - (Another Scott)
         Seems to be a common problem.... - (Another Scott)
         Re: OK, so I've got this D-Link DI-704P. Works fine, except - (pwhysall) - (4)
             that would have been my first thought but assumed - (boxley)
             As you suspect, and the Google link indicates... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Question 2 - (morganek) - (1)
                     Good info. Thanks for the tips! -NT - (Another Scott)

When things get creepy... blame it on the Boogie!
42 ms