the often utter irrelevancy of 'The Press' - by which I mean the fewer and fewer giant Press Corporations - whose BODs certainly affect content in ways much more subtly than by overtly "reviewing editors' copy".

Take the Murican press: the OJ soap opera, the Monika Lewinsky utter feeding frenzy .. in UK - the periodic Profumo-like scandals. Anything to do with The Royals\ufffd. Each topic takes on a media (thus *ad* revenue) frenzy of its own: a classic servo feedback loop.

Clearly - to some extent - the populace laps up this kind of simple gossip, as is legendary homo-sap social behavior. Personally I doubt that, even the ovine plurality (??) is actually That juvenile; in whatever event - the phenom makes each group appear to be even more inane than is likely 'true'.

Israel VS Everyone around it! + the mastery of modern spin + the bluster, hatred and just plain idiocy.. of various interpretations of ancient texts: all combine to create an irresistible morass of innuendo, magnification of asinine comments by patently biased loudmouths and - death.

And still, IMhO, all the -isms remain 'out there', no matter what lip-service is paid to the magnificent ideas of Tolerance and of Compassion. (Especially by the warring religions and the often purely Hate-filled utterances of their spokesmen.) Anti-Semitism abounds in 'Aryan' (!!) mentations.

In Murica, 'least during my childhood and beyond, while we had derogatory stereotypes for Every identifiable group - I noted that Jews were accorded about the foulest caricatures except for just two cases which come to mind:

Blacks / Negroes then - and the grotesque drawings of 'The Jap' in WW-II. (Even the ones of Hitler or ~your average German soldier were far less dehumanized) -- though the Nazi caricatures of Jews as vermin: probably remains the low point of human bestiality in print (? could easily be wrong; we are so Good at dehumanizing other human 'aliens').

Odd thing though: so also are the 'Arabs' ~Semitic! nor do their state religions have much nice to say about Aryan-types and Their (Also, One True\ufffd) religions.

So in the end, it can't be just about ethnicity or the theological - pick yer fav Testament to kill about? - but something Else which lately gives less benefit of doubt to: Israel.

Lousy PR? or just tawdry and provoked stupidity of the sort, why can't the nasty Jews summon up a couple thousand km\ufffd from the sea -- for those Poor Palestinians whose Jordanian and other 'brothers' won't give shit to em'? Huh?

How does it go? - never ascribe to cupidity / conspiracy, that which can be explained by ignorance..

A.