The guys at K5 hated it. I am starting to think that K5 is going downhill in a major way via the quality of the users.

Anyway make a gaming console standard based on Linux. Some of the games can be open sourced, and use Tux and his brother Tex in them (Tex looks like Tux, but wears a Cowboy hat) fighting an Evil Empire (don't mention it by name) and their Robots and Bugs.

Make it so that normal Linux can run these games as well. But need the add-on gaming libraries and GUI enhancements.

The TuxStation can be used on X86 processors, and also run Java based games on non-X86 processors. Developers have the option to do native code, or Java for the games. Games can come on DVD or CDs, commercial games should have copy protection on them, open sourced games should be copy protection free.

Eventually emulators can be written to run Playstation 1 and 2, XBox, Dreamcast, etc games. Someone can do a MAME port and license the ROMs for an Arcade Emulator runnable on the console.

There could also be a hand-held TuxStation based on PDA technology.

Should the hard drive be optional or built in? Should it be able to boot off the CD-ROM or off of a hard drive?

Am I on to something here, or is it just not possible to do a Linux based console? I know one company that tried to do one went out of business, but they never even got the product to market, so how good of an example is that?

If you guys create a Linux ZIWETHEY forum, please move this there.