IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No my point is...
That with all these much worse things going on in the world why is Israel being singled out? And based on this why should I believe that international observers will be impartial?
New A less conspiratorial answer might be,
the often utter irrelevancy of 'The Press' - by which I mean the fewer and fewer giant Press Corporations - whose BODs certainly affect content in ways much more subtly than by overtly "reviewing editors' copy".

Take the Murican press: the OJ soap opera, the Monika Lewinsky utter feeding frenzy .. in UK - the periodic Profumo-like scandals. Anything to do with The Royals\ufffd. Each topic takes on a media (thus *ad* revenue) frenzy of its own: a classic servo feedback loop.

Clearly - to some extent - the populace laps up this kind of simple gossip, as is legendary homo-sap social behavior. Personally I doubt that, even the ovine plurality (??) is actually That juvenile; in whatever event - the phenom makes each group appear to be even more inane than is likely 'true'.

Israel VS Everyone around it! + the mastery of modern spin + the bluster, hatred and just plain idiocy.. of various interpretations of ancient texts: all combine to create an irresistible morass of innuendo, magnification of asinine comments by patently biased loudmouths and - death.

And still, IMhO, all the -isms remain 'out there', no matter what lip-service is paid to the magnificent ideas of Tolerance and of Compassion. (Especially by the warring religions and the often purely Hate-filled utterances of their spokesmen.) Anti-Semitism abounds in 'Aryan' (!!) mentations.

In Murica, 'least during my childhood and beyond, while we had derogatory stereotypes for Every identifiable group - I noted that Jews were accorded about the foulest caricatures except for just two cases which come to mind:

Blacks / Negroes then - and the grotesque drawings of 'The Jap' in WW-II. (Even the ones of Hitler or ~your average German soldier were far less dehumanized) -- though the Nazi caricatures of Jews as vermin: probably remains the low point of human bestiality in print (? could easily be wrong; we are so Good at dehumanizing other human 'aliens').

Odd thing though: so also are the 'Arabs' ~Semitic! nor do their state religions have much nice to say about Aryan-types and Their (Also, One True\ufffd) religions.

So in the end, it can't be just about ethnicity or the theological - pick yer fav Testament to kill about? - but something Else which lately gives less benefit of doubt to: Israel.

Lousy PR? or just tawdry and provoked stupidity of the sort, why can't the nasty Jews summon up a couple thousand km\ufffd from the sea -- for those Poor Palestinians whose Jordanian and other 'brothers' won't give shit to em'? Huh?

How does it go? - never ascribe to cupidity / conspiracy, that which can be explained by ignorance..

A.
     someone might want to take the tablecloth off of his head - (boxley) - (36)
         I understand your anger, but more killing won't fix anything - (Another Scott) - (35)
             uh err that wouldnt be my way. - (boxley) - (34)
                 Sorry I seem to have misunderstood. But... - (Another Scott) - (33)
                     hmm - (boxley) - (4)
                         Hamas != Palestinian Authority just as Israel's Govt != Kach -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Re: Hamas != Palestinian Authority - (bluke) - (1)
                                 This may be the natural outgrowth of an attitude that - (Ashton)
                             Arafat includes Hamas as part of decision making - (bluke)
                     Agree with most of what you say. - (a6l6e6x) - (27)
                         nope both agrieved and the reason for no observers is - (boxley) - (16)
                             Re: Observers - (a6l6e6x) - (15)
                                 nope they have shown their partisan face one 2 many times -NT - (boxley) - (14)
                                     This statement from AI seems evenhanded to me. - (a6l6e6x) - (13)
                                         even handed my ass - (boxley) - (12)
                                             Re: even handed my ass - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
                                                 America, Britain - (boxley) - (10)
                                                     Re: Never again. - (a6l6e6x) - (9)
                                                         perhaps your definition of just coexistance - (boxley) - (8)
                                                             Re: perhaps your definition of just coexistance - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                                                                 I disagree about the settlements - (boxley)
                                                                 Orient House and settlements - (bluke) - (5)
                                                                     So the people in Hebron - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                         Re: So the people in Hebron - (bluke) - (3)
                                                                             understood but disagree - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                 Re: understood but disagree - (bluke) - (1)
                                                                                     It is not abandoned, just not occupied at present - (boxley)
                         Why Sharon doesn't want int'l observers - (bluke) - (9)
                             Re: Why Sharon doesn't want int'l observers - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                 Re: Why Sharon doesn't want int'l observers - (bluke) - (1)
                                     Re: Why Sharon doesn't want int'l observers - (a6l6e6x)
                             Your point, it seems... - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                 just a couple of reservations dont need auswitz - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Re: just a couple of reservations dont need auswitz - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                         The state of Indian Health care - (boxley)
                                 No my point is... - (bluke) - (1)
                                     A less conspiratorial answer might be, - (Ashton)

Non cogito ergo nihil, y'all.
128 ms