IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dresden gets it again, this time naturally.
First, fire.. chronicled by Kurt V.

Now the floods.. \ufffd l\ufffd Florence many years ago - except Florence had many treasures to be rescued from water damage - irreplaceable art works, manuscripts (a friend was there and helped in the rescue, drying out - exhausting work which went on forever; imagine what Wet paper weighs)

But Dresden.. not the same problem today, since the fire-storming of this art center (little military presence) razed the place. Formerly it had been spared for these reasons. That night it was an intentional fire-storm: interspersed between dropping hundreds of thousands of tiny incendiaries, we dropped HE too, to keep the firemen away and create more kindling (none of the bombs were 'targeted' BTW - just.. make kindling).

This is Kurt's version of it and, he was there in a meat locker underground. Others merely slightly 'underground' were mummified by the thousands: a firestorm uses up most of the oxygen everywhere in and around. (I guess I'll take his word re the military too; he's not known to exaggerate when speaking of events - just critique them separately.) This all is mentioned in Mother Night, which is mostly about Howard W. Campbell, Jr. -- as well as being the obvious main theme of Slaughterhouse Five.

I suppose this is one way to diminish the loss of a future flood - burn it all first.

Ashton
New Re: Dresden gets it again, this time naturally.
Others merely slightly 'underground' were mummified by the thousands:

So it goes.
-YendorMike

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
- Jimmy Buffett, June 20, 2002, Tinley Park
     Dresden gets it again, this time naturally. - (Ashton) - (1)
         Re: Dresden gets it again, this time naturally. - (Yendor)

Gloat.
28 ms