IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pioneers get the arrows, yadda yadda
. . . there can't have been more than a (small) handful of .com companies that made any sort of profit, and most of them went belly up anyway.
It sure seems to me that the traditional "brick and mortar" companies, to coin an annoying phrase, got the biggest reward in the whole dot-bomb craze. Several simply waited for the vulture capitalist to bank roll an obvious failure and let them do the initial development shake-out of a web store front. Then, when it looked a little more stable, they put up their own front with the distribution channels already in place. Several examples that come to mind that I've actually used are Best Buy, Lowes and Barnes & Noble. Whether or not these ventures actually make money or not, I have no idea. But at least they add value to me.
"With the bravery of being out of range." - Roger Waters

Cliff
New Re: Pioneers get the arrows, yadda yadda
Several examples that come to mind that I've actually used are Best Buy, Lowes and Barnes & Noble.

Doesn't Barnes and Noble actually offer better prices/shipping than Amazon? Amazon just gets its business because of name recognition - several similar dealers offer better deals.
The lawyers would mostly rather be what they are than get out of the way even if the cost was Hammerfall. - Jerry Pournelle
New For technical books, someone...
don't remember who, on the old IWeThey recommended [link|http://www.bookpool.com/|Bookpool.] When book shopping, it has been worthwhile checking.
Alex

"Television: chewing gum for the eyes." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
New For better prices...
... go to dealtime.com . Or Yahoo Shopping. Or Pricewatch.com . Internet Comparison Shopping - Penny Pinching 'R' Us.
     Attack Iraq? No! (Sez who?) - (Simon_Jester) - (18)
         We're not going to.... - (bepatient) - (2)
             Not yet. But it's still possible. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Re: Great article - full of little logic - (dmarker2)
         Re: Attack Iraq? - outstanding article - excellent logic - (dmarker2) - (14)
             Re: Attack Iraq? - outstanding article - excellent logic - (wharris2) - (2)
                 Re: Hmmm - good point - (dmarker2)
                 Bradley would be great. - (admin)
             It's the Economy? Stupid. - (snork) - (10)
                 Time for a new term - (drewk) - (7)
                     Pyramid scheme - (Brandioch)
                     Couple of companies, maybe - (wharris2) - (5)
                         Hmm, where was that article - (drewk)
                         Pioneers get the arrows, yadda yadda - (snork) - (3)
                             Re: Pioneers get the arrows, yadda yadda - (wharris2) - (2)
                                 For technical books, someone... - (a6l6e6x)
                                 For better prices... - (Arkadiy)
                 Depends on the candidate. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     I'll buy that. Now, be there Demo smarter than W.. anywhere - (Ashton)

It's a Berkeley DB file - neat! I love retro.
111 ms