IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What version of gcc are you using?
3.0.x is rather compliant. It's better than 6.0
New Re: What version of gcc are you using?

Been told (albeit by the QNX people) that 3.0 is "not quite stable" yet.

Neither are in Borland country WRT compliance...

jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
New Re: What version of gcc are you using?
2.95 was indeed not terribly compliant (shameful, if you ask me). We moved to 3.0, currently at 3.0.4 . I was the last one to move, after discovering that 64 bit integers and template types don't mix in 2.95. It seems to be stable on Linux, Solaris, Aix and HPUX (3.0.1 was not, optimizer bugs on HPUX). But QNX? I have no idea. Check it out anyway - you're switching to it eventually, aren't you?
New I'd rather switch than...
I dunno. The port of gcc to QNX is in the hands of QNX themselves; the "community" does not do the port. Therefore, QNX users are sort of at the mercy of QNX, who, besides having no true marketing plan, are notably myopic with regards to C++ in general. Last I heard, their new, oh-so-kewl upgrade, which contains a (JAVA-based) IDE, is to use 2.95.3.

Switching? If I had my way, I'd switch to (embedded) Linux, and use Kylix. (But when do I ever get my way? :-( )
jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
     RIP, Edsger Wybe Dijkstra - (Yendor) - (28)
         He will be missed - (ben_tilly)
         Edsger Dijkstra - a humble giant of Computer Science. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Wasn't he the one who quipped... - (jb4) - (23)
             OK here's what I found so far: - (jb4)
             No, the quote was: - (Andrew Grygus) - (21)
                 A link for the quotes... - (ChrisR) - (16)
                     Thanks! - (jb4) - (15)
                         Ten blunt axes - (wharris2) - (14)
                             VB is not a programming language... - (ChrisR) - (13)
                                 VB sucks, but the PHBs love it - (orion) - (12)
                                     Best of the worst - (ChrisR) - (11)
                                         A cogent commentary. -NT - (wharris2)
                                         RE Objective C - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                             Yeah, but it won't work for embedded -NT - (tonytib)
                                             Have you actually tried Delphi, so you can compare fairly? - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                 My Delphi Experience - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                     Delphi evangelism, continued... (new thread) - (CRConrad)
                                         Several counterpoints - (jb4) - (4)
                                             What version of gcc are you using? - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                                 Re: What version of gcc are you using? - (jb4) - (2)
                                                     Re: What version of gcc are you using? - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                                         I'd rather switch than... - (jb4)
                 A tip on links, and a good additional one - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                     But, that is entirely unneccessary . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Re: the parable - (drewk)
                 Yes, that was it. - (static)
         The one I always remember - (tuberculosis)
         Dime store Platonism - (andread)

___oO0Oo___play Zarathustra chords___oO0Oo___
158 ms