IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Kay Jewelers switches to Linux?
Anybody heard this? My wife told me her sister (who has worked for Kay's out in California for ~15 years) and she told her "we got new machines and they're all running Linux now. We dropped Microsoft completely." I dunno if this is "One store only" but I doubt it. Thought it was interesting, though. And just today a client who was initially opposed to Linux started asking questions of me (probably has to do with their webserver being up for over a year with only 1 unscheduled downtime - when power was lost for the entire division and the box had to stay off for 6 hours until power was restored). Anyway, thought the Kay's thing was interesting.

bcnu,
Mikem
New The other day I...
...happened over to Just Tires and they were getting new POS terminals...and they were displaying wonderful X screensavers...so I'm venturing a guess that they might just be a Linux shop also.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Anecdotal evidence.
Yours and mine, still, its encouraging. I think Licensing 6.0 is going to do a lot for Microsoft. ;-)
New Re: Anecdotal evidence.
I think Licensing 6.0 is going to do a lot for Microsoft. ;-)

Don't you mean licensing 6.0 is doing to do a lot to Microsoft? :-)
The lawyers would mostly rather be what they are than get out of the way even if the cost was Hammerfall. - Jerry Pournelle
New Yep, that's what I meant ;-)
New One more.
We're probably moving to Linux.

Whoo-hoo!

(No, I'm not working at Microsoft any more. Still, wouldn't it be hilarious if I was?)
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
New You know, we probably wouldn't have believed you. :-)

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

Kay Jewelers switches to Linux? - (mmoffitt) - (6)
         The other day I... - (bepatient) - (5)
             Anecdotal evidence. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                 Re: Anecdotal evidence. - (wharris2) - (1)
                     Yep, that's what I meant ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 One more. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     You know, we probably wouldn't have believed you. :-) -NT - (static)

Why use a scalpel when a chainsaw is handy.
83 ms