Thank you for putting into words what I have felt for quite some time regarding this *field*

I have used a *trust* approach with private clients for some time now with very good results and have incorporated it at my *day job*. Though I can't say managment is totally with me, I can say that my *day job* clients like the candid approach. There does seem to be a bit more tolerance for things not working right out of the box. I try to arrange a time where I can have them involved in the configuration of things specific to them, of which I may not have all the answers, and give them an opportunity as well as an insight into what goes into *their* configurations/systems.

The results that have stemmed from this approach is that the clients have sent unprompted praise to management (more than once).

I do think some of this *Transactional Thinking* may come from the instant gratification sysndrome. Overnight shipping is not fast enough anymore, microwaved foods, instant foods, cell phones, pagers, etc.

Once again, excellent observation of an all to common issue, and I totally agree in the values disappearing from our culture