IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Odd Memory Problem
Some sort of DRAM refresh rate or code in the new BIOS that trashes the new RAM chip? I've seen this happen to video cards my brother had a Geforce card that had to have the BIOS downgraded to an earlier version. The newer BIOS somehow had VGA routines that clobbered the card he bought. He sent it back and got a different brand, same GeForce chipset, and it worked fine with the newer BIOS. Go figure that one out?

[link|http://games.speakeasy.net/data/files/khan.jpg|"Khan!!!" -Kirk]
New Can't Be
Each SODIMM worked fine alone, in either slot. The new SODIMM was the exact same spec as the old one, same size, same manufacturer - but different part number. The order mattered in the end. I started from scratch (=boot the CDROM and install) and everything was fine after reflashing the BIOS. The machine was just as fast as before, other than a little extra time to boot (memory check no doubt). Very strange problem.

BTW I was not unproud of this diagnosis.
-drl
     Odd Memory Problem - (deSitter) - (5)
         Re: Odd Memory Problem - (orion) - (1)
             Can't Be - (deSitter)
         Timings changed by BIOS? About all I can think of. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Makes sense to me as well. New BIOS is more talented in... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 I was thinking... - (deSitter)

This is untested and you're my guinea pig.
79 ms