IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oops - no link in this one. Never mind.
I was looking for, some months ago. Quite a change since '63.

Pity that in say, 2004 - it will prove impossible to relate any changes in those numbers directly to The Ashcroft Covenant (or the Catholic p\ufffddophile mess) unless.. those awful secular umm Humanists! should ask these two questions directly. (So no point in my predicting an unprovable correlation ;-)

To Kurtz's wonderings re the hi-tech presence here VS rampant superstition; isn't it necessary for most to ignore many of the religious homilies? - when vulture capitalism permeates all social life and, the only suggested self-preservation from a tissue of ads/lies is:

caveat emptor ??

I think our mercantile mores indicate the actual choices made, between lip-service about 'goodness' and the daily acting-out of greed (and deception).

In '63: 65% x 175M population = 114 M 'fundamentalist' re Bible.
In '02: 27% x 208M population = 56 M ditto

Fundamentalist literalism is down by half, over 40 years. But no age data is there to indicate whether that number will drop precipitately in 30 years as the old die off - or to guess how successfully are the new kids being inculcated [??]

Oh well, I guess after the Rapturing-out: those numbers will drop to 0.

Ashton
Collapse Edited by Missing User 70 Aug. 8, 2002, 02:05:25 AM EDT
Thanks - that's prolly the source of the survey
I was looking for, some months ago. Quite a change since '63. Pity that in say, 2004 - it will prove impossible to relate any changes in those numbers directly to The Ashcroft Covenant (or the Catholic pædophile mess) unless.. those awful secular umm Humanists! should ask these two questions directly. (So no point in my predicting an unprovable correlation ;-) To Kurtz's wonderings re the hi-tech presence here VS rampant superstition; isn't it necessary for most to ignore many of the religious homilies? - when vulture capitalism permeates all social life and, the only suggested self-preservation from a tissue of ads/lies is: caveat emptor ?? I think our mercantile mores indicate the actual choices made, between lip-service about 'goodness' and the daily acting-out of greed (and deception). In '63: 65% x 175M population = 114 M 'fundamentalist' re Bible. In '02: 27% x 208M population = 56 M ditto Fundamentalist literalism is down by half, over 40 years. But no age data is there to indicate whether that number will drop precipitately in 30 years as the old die off - or to guess how successfully are the new kids being inculcated [??] Oh well, I guess after the Rapturing-out: those numbers will drop to 0. Ashton
     OpEd: Religion and atheism in America - (marlowe) - (4)
         Fascinating. - (Brandioch)
         Another take on the topic. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Oops - no link in this one. Never mind. - (Ashton)
             Thanks - that's prolly the source of the survey - (Ashton)