IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup.
Supposedly it's due to the XP-style Windows Update utility they've integrated (downloads "fixes" and autoinstalls them, unless you change the settings) but I wouldn't put it past them to do something scummy like that.

I don't have much to fear from them - I've got legit licenses for everything - but if it gets hairy, I'm wipin' everything and moving to Linux. The main problem is getting my wife comfortable with it. I'm already using Linux for most of my work, just using Windows to keep in practice for my job...
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
New Dear Windows User:
  1. It has come to our (Microsoft's) attention that your computer is behind an unauthorized firewall and has an IP address in a "private" address range.
  2. Further, you are blocking selected outgoing network traffic.
  3. The above acts are in violation of the EULA (End User License Agreement) and prevent Microsoft from administering your computer system and updating the Windows software as agreed.
  4. By accepting the EULA (for which any use of Microsoft software constitutes acceptance of the EULA) you have agreed to allow Microsoft access to your computers as described above.
  5. We have filed a complaint with your local district court describing your failure to comply with the EULA
  6. To avoid further legal reprecussions, please immediately comply with these terms:
    1. remove all firewalling from your system, except the Microsoft Active Firewall which is included as a component of your Windows system and certified by the Department of Homeland Defense.
    2. Reconfigure with the public IP address provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
    3. Disable any software that restricts outgoing network traffic.
  7. Important: Simply removing all Microsoft software from your computer does not constitute correction of past license violations and will result in our pressing forward with the complaint filed with the court.
  8. Our enforcement department technicians will verify conpliance on a monthly basis for a period of three years.
  9. Have a nice day.
Sincerely yours,
Your ever so friendly Microsoft enforcement department.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Win2000 SP3 reboots after application close. - (inthane-chan) - (8)
         Convinced - (deSitter)
         Did you read the EULA? - (drewk) - (3)
             Yup. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Dear Windows User: - (Andrew Grygus)
             Do you know - (orion)
         BSOD bypass - (scoenye) - (1)
             Nope. - (inthane-chan)
         I'll join the club... - (scoenye)

Here come the witnesses.
67 ms