IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Apparently, yes.
Designed for long service thanks a high-efficiency, extended-service-life backlight (50,000 hours*)

* Measured at ambient temperature of 25° C, with display on continuously. Service life is considered to have ended when luminance reaches 50% of its initial value. Service life will vary depending on environmental and usage conditions.
[link|http://sharp-world.com/corporate/news/001205.html|Sharp link.]

That's well over 5 years of continuous use. I would think an active screensaver (other than blank black screen) would constitute use.
Alex

"Television: chewing gum for the eyes." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
New Bummer
This ThinkPad has the brightest display I've ever seen. It's brighter than a top-end 17inch monitor (mine's an IBM P77). I usually don't run it at maximum brightness so I have a lot of time until it gets dim.

Oh the display has one of the neatest features yet - a little lamp on the inside top frame that illuminates the keyboard with a faint glow, like bright moonlight. You can work in the dark with this little gem.

-drl
-drl
New Yep, slick feature
I've a T22. First time I turned the keyboard light on I wondered how useful it could be because it was so dim. However, in a dark room it works wonders. I also like how the keys on opposite corners on the keyboard are used to turn it on, makes it very easy to find by feel.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

Do laptop LCDs lose luminance over time? - (deSitter) - (15)
         Apparently, yes. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Bummer - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Yep, slick feature - (SpiceWare)
         Do desktop monitors do this too? - (orion) - (11)
             Yes. - (static) - (8)
                 Some possible degradation mechanisms in TV/monitor tubes. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     Interesting data point there. - (static)
                     Tungsten cathodes - not - - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                         You're right, of course. :-) Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Can ya ID the T-shirt tube? - (Ashton) - (2)
                             It's an Amperex 211D - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 The last glowing anode I saw was in the early 1960's,... - (a6l6e6x)
                     Original Sonys.. - (Ashton)
             The luminance isn't from the LCD - (SpiceWare)
             Had that happen to me a year or two ago - (wharris2)

Write that down!
243 ms