IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Chimera (Cocoa Mozilla) 0.4 is out and it ROCKS!
I've been using Mozilla 1.0 and its OK but it has some annoying bugs and doesn't do antialiased text. It also insists on using its own mail client rather than the one I actually use. It is kinda snappy though.

Omniweb is not bad but its a little pokey and has some issues with javascript and java applets.

Exploiter is just crappy. It only accepts every other click (why highlight the link if you're not going to follow it). OTOH, it is the most likely to work with weird sites that use questionable code.

Opera - puleezze - still very buggy and lame.

iCab - nice little company with interesting ideas but not fixing bugs fast enough.

But this thing - gecko layout with quartz rendering and cocoa UI - for a 0.4 release its a rock and its snappy. I'm sold. I've got a new primary browser.

Get it at [link|http://www.mozilla.org|http://www.mozilla.org] - its the top news item today. Chimera is the project name, the app calls itself Navigator.

I am out of the country for the duration of the Bush administration.
Please leave a message and I'll get back to you when democracy returns.
New I hope that Apple
bundles it in the next OSX release as an alternative to IE.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New If MS keeps threatening to drop Office for Macintosh
I'd expect to see it here right away.
I am out of the country for the duration of the Bush administration.
Please leave a message and I'll get back to you when democracy returns.
New Apple ought to
make a partnership with Sun and get OpenOffice ported to OSX. They also should be working with Corel (Wordperfect Office) and others to get OSX ports of their programs. That way they won't be dependant on Microsoft to make Office software.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
     Chimera (Cocoa Mozilla) 0.4 is out and it ROCKS! - (tuberculosis) - (3)
         I hope that Apple - (orion) - (2)
             If MS keeps threatening to drop Office for Macintosh - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 Apple ought to - (orion)

I see... dead people.
49 ms