IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ?
Did they include the possibility of massive neutrinos? Probably not, since in the dynamics of the SM the neutrino sector is stricly massless. My gut feeling is that this anomaly is related to neutrino oscillations.

The muon, and the tauon after that, remain the biggest puzzles in physics. There is no explanation at all for it yet. A tentative idea is that the geometry of the world is conformal and not isometric. Such a geometry has an operator called "dilation", which makes things locally bigger or smaller, and in some form, the eigenstates of it may correspond to generations.

Of course, the article immediately mentions supersymmetry, a worthless idea that accomplishes nothing other than give physicists something to do.

I also liked the last lines - Shrub Inc. is cutting off their funding. Boy those Repos hate the fsck out of science, no?

-drl
New dilation
locally bigger or smaller? Hmm a measured mass of me looks small across the room to a girl but is larger when poking her in the eye? Sounds reasonable.
thanx,
bill
."Once, in the wilds of Afghanistan, I had to subsist on food and water for several weeks." W.C. Fields
New Parallel Transport
You move an object around a path in spacetime, and it comes back with a different size. Since size is determined by elementary particle masses, the dilation operator would presumably act on the particle masses. Since nature likes quanta, the mass changes should occur in jumps - so you may be able to think of a muon as a fat electron, and a tauon as a fat muon. These particles decay into electrons and neutrinos, so one can think of the electron as the favored ground state of the family.

-drl
     Muons and the standard theory issues - (boxley) - (3)
         ? - (deSitter) - (2)
             dilation - (boxley) - (1)
                 Parallel Transport - (deSitter)

Build a bridge out of 'er!
111 ms