IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I don't get it.
What was this homeless person doing in this house in the first place?

The circumstances are very strange and I can't even begin to formulate an accurate picture of the complex set of relationships and circumstances involved.

But this is getting more and more typical of the "news".

I am out of the country for the duration of the Bush administration.
Please leave a message and I'll get back to you when democracy returns.
New The shrinking world.
Hell, stuff like this has been going on for all of human "civilization" and before. If you don't believe me, well, just go look at ape tribes, especially ones under significant stress - rape, war, murder, child abuse, child murder - it's all old hat.

What has changed is our propensity to seek out dramatic news stories and blow them out of proportion, while ignoring lesser tragedies because they don't sell advertising...

"Child raped by total stranger!" - this would make the news.

"Thousands go to bed without proper nutrition!" - this would not.

And hence, our paranoia about the individual grows, without looking to the root causes. We trim at the branches of our tree, while ignoring evidence that the rot is in the roots...
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
New Concise.
And that characteristic of homo-sap just might kill us, maybe even all at once - thanks to the magic of techno + nukes. 'Roots' for most, is merely - something about a Tee Vee drama 'bout Africa, sometime back..

Ah well - it has always been the ~1% who ever acted as the collective memory.. for the rest of the Yahoos. That may still be true.

I occasionally watch the PM 'news' to see if it is as inane as last month: it's often worse - never 'better'. Gawd it makes US ALL look so fucking STUPID <<<
(even besides.. the increasingly shrill car / pharm-chem ads).

Ashton
     Watch your kids, don't leave them alone with strangers - (orion) - (4)
         Jeez, what's the world coming to? - (wharris2)
         I don't get it. - (tuberculosis) - (2)
             The shrinking world. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Concise. - (Ashton)

Mere flesh wound. Have at you!
160 ms