IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Dual Head/Single Adapter on Win2k
Any of [link|http://www.ati.com/support/products/pc/radeon7500/win2k/radeon7500win2kdrivers.html?cboOS=Windows+2000&cboProducts=RADEON+7500&cmdNext=GO%21|these] help?

Note the Hydravision.
Alex

"Television: chewing gum for the eyes." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
New Re: Dual Head/Single Adapter on Win2k
It's definitely a Win2k multi-head issue. After I moved over Windows 98 and got it all current with the IBM configuration (what a chore), the ATI driver did multi-head straight off without being told. I love the Windows 98 second desktop. I don't see why Linux can't easily do this, by mapping a second X server instance to the second head. Dragging windows is very nice on Windows 98.

I finally admit that Peter was right about Windows 2000, which is indeed better than Windows 98 - other than these legacy Windows NT display issues. The display has always been the weakest part of NT, which is peculiar, considering that it is a GUI only OS.

Thanks for the reference to Hydravision, I had that already installed. The options for multi-monitor that I would assume imply multi-head were grayed out. I haven't tried it on 98. There is a multiple desktop option that looks worthwhile, although I rarely use this even in KDE. More or less a place to hide things you need to see once in a while.

-drl

-drl
     Dual Head/Single Adapter on Win2k - (deSitter) - (2)
         Re: Dual Head/Single Adapter on Win2k - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Re: Dual Head/Single Adapter on Win2k - (deSitter)

Several ICLRPDs in there, but I'll let others pick out their favorites.
33 ms