IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New exactly...none of them are Professors....
Ted Kaczynski (who was a professor and then quit) lived in the middle of nowhere. He doesn't qualify as an Imam. (Well..he almost does, he did produce a manifesto.)

The Weather Underground (and in particular Bill Irvin, iirc) is a college professor. Problem is that he has denounced his time with the Weather Underground. (And I don't think he was a college professor when he was with the Weather Underground.)

The Black Panthers - several became college professors - but are any of them claiming that people need to kill people/cause whatever? (More specific examples and I'll bite).

YIP - no clue..sorry. (I did look.)

And that's not to mention EarthFIRST, ActUP, and other leftists neo-terrorist organizations.

But, back to the original game - both Pierce (another former college professor, btw) don't qualify under OSC's Imam litmus test. Yet, damn it, College Professor's have got tenure and can spout off about things OSC doesn't like -- they're obviously more dangerous.

Furthermore, an Imam is a (cough) respected leader that leads his (cough) flock, almost to believe anything. It reminds me of the cult leaders that Americans fall for - purple sheets and Nikes and all. Certainly there are examples that provide a better fit for Imam's than our "College Professors."

But that wasn't OSC's point, imo. He wanted to demonize College Professors for questioning whether the US was doing the right thing. How dare they teach impressionable young youths that their government might not be the darling of the world - or that America might not really be in danger of being overwhelmed by hordes of Afganistan Freedom Fighters crossing the border of Canada to take over the US. America needs to be able to defend itself, damn it.

In short - OSC is guilty of PC as much as anyone else. He doesn't like the College Professors and wants to shut them up. That's nice...but what he's really afraid of is that people will listen to their ideas and actually agree with them.

(Otherwise - why would he care of a bunch of looneys throught they were catching the next UFO off the planet?)
New YIP - perhaps he's referring to the Yippies.
[link|http://free.freespeech.org/yippie/about/yippies/|Info on the Yippies] - Abbie Hoffman and his cohorts.

If he doesn't mean the Yippies, I'm not sure what he's referring to...

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: YIP
[link|http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/us%7Dyip.html|Youth International Party.]

Sometimes old farts remember. :)
Alex

"Television: chewing gum for the eyes." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
New Yup.
I'll extend that a bit further.

I have YET to see ANYONE claiming that the US does NOT have the RIGHT to DEFEND itself.

I have seen people who claim that "defending" this nation means pre-emptive attacks on anyone who doesn't like us.

Think about that in one of our cities. Like NYC. If someone doesn't like you, you can kick in their door and blow away their whole family and claim you did it in self-defense. And that is EXACTLY what invading Iraq is.

I have NOT seen anyone saying that we should not arrest terrorists in this country.

I have NOT seen anyone saying that the US should switch to an Islamic government.

I have NOT seen anyone saying that we should not find and punish the people who financed and supported the terrorists who attacked us.

But I DO see LOTS of people who claim that there are people making the above three statements. Yet they never provide names or locations.

I DO see LOTS of people who want us to establish standards of speech in certain groups/professions/whatever because they claim that certain individuals in those certain groups are saying certain things that are having certain effects upon this nation.

The people making those claims will be fairly precise in what is being SAID by individuals in WHICH GROUPS and how it will HURT this nation.

But they never connect the names of the individuals MAKING those statements with the statements.

Amongst COLLEGE PROFESSORS with TENURE (a rather defined group) there are certain INDIVIDUALS (undefined) making the following statements (defined)...

Without the NAMES of the INDIVIDUALS, there is no way to VERIFY the CLAIMS that Mr. Card makes.

One must simply ACCEPT that what Mr. Card says is TRUE.

Religion. With Mr. Card at the center as the enlightened prophet and the hordes of evil demons (unnamed) that the rightous must stand against.
New nit
"I have NOT seen anyone saying that the US should switch to an Islamic government."
The Sofla professor Sami Al-Arian due to be fired for being a founding member of Islamic Jihad has publicly called for the US to become an Islamic Nation under sharia law. He calls for all the world's muslims to achieve that end. He is also whining about being fired over his political views.
thanx,
bill

."Once, in the wilds of Afghanistan, I had to subsist on food and water for several weeks." W.C. Fields
New Reference
[link|http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2002/01/19/bubba/index.html|Wired]
New Instead of third hand postulations :)
[link|http://www.sptimes.com/2002/03/26/TampaBay/Transcript_quotes_Al_.shtml|link]
"In the mid 1990s, FBI agents suspected that an Islamic think tank Al-Arian operated at USF was a front for Middle Eastern terrorists. A former head of the think tank, Ramadan Abdulah Shallah, left Tampa in 1995 and soon resurfaced as the head of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, a terrorist group"
[link|http://tampatrib.com/nationworldnews/MGAZJ8QDS2D.html|smore]
"The investigation centers on whether money raised by Al- Arian in the United States was used to finance Jihad terrorism in Israel - in particular an April 1995 bombing attack on a bus that killed eight people in the Gaza Strip, the Israelis say. One of the victims was an American college student, Alisa Flatow, a 20-year-old from West Orange, N.J., who was in Israel studying at a seminary.
Flatow's father, Stephen, said he testified about Alisa's death before a federal grand jury in Tampa in December.
Among other things, racketeering statutes allow prosecutors more flexibility linking criminals acts together even when they're widely separated by time or geography, according to Tampa defense lawyer Todd Foster, who previously served as major crimes chief at the U.S. attorney's office."
[link|http://www.usf.edu/News/2001/arain/2001.12.19.ariantimeline.htm|smores]
"November 1994 - A PBS documentary, "Jihad in America" alleges Al-Arian is the head of the Islamic Jihad terrorist group's domestic support network. The documentary was created by Steve Emerson.
1994-95 - Ramadan Abdullah Shallah teach Arabic during the spring semesters.
May 1995 - A two-part series in The Tampa Tribune questions ties among USF, WISE and the Islamic Committee for Palestine charity.
May 1995 - USF's inspector general issues a report that finds irregularities with WISE graduate students and the hiring of an Arabic instructor.
1995 - A second report says USF violated its own policy.
1995-96 - Al-Arian takes a one-year sabbatical.
October 1995 - Shallah appears in Damascus and is named head of the Islamic Jihad."
[link|http://www.aim.org/publications/media_monitor/2002/06/27.html|lot smores]
"A group called Islamic Jihad took responsibility for the bus bombing in Israel in which 17 Israelis were killed. It is based in Syria and is headed by Ramadan Shallah, who lived several years in Florida and was a professor at the University of South Florida. But that\ufffds not all \ufffd his alleged former associate, another University of South Florida professor, is still here, defending the rights of Muslims accused of terrorist activities.
The media are preoccupied with the president\ufffds plan to create a new department of homeland security. But we still don\ufffdt have answers to the question of how terrorists or their alleged sympathizers got here in the first place. As detailed by Steven Emerson, Shallah\ufffds connections to Islamic Jihad go back to the 1970s in Egypt. He moved to London in 1986 before coming to the U.S. in the 1990s. While here, on two occasions he was invited to brief U.S. military officers at U.S. Central Command at MacDill Air force Base near Tampa. This is where the war against terrorism is being planned and coordinated today.
This strange story gets even more bizarre because one of Shallah\ufffds associates at the university, Professor, Sami "Osama" al-Arian, solicited funds for Islamic Jihad. A tenured professor, al-Arian was put on paid leave following an appearance on "The O'Reilly Factor," where he appeared evasive in response to questions from Bill O\ufffdReilly about his alleged ties to terrorists. He is a founder of two groups described by a federal agent as fronts for Islamic Jihad. His home and officer were raided by federal authorities in 1995, when they found the controversial fundraising letter."
either this guy is getting ratfucked by the best or he really is with the sleazeballs.
thanx,
bill

."Once, in the wilds of Afghanistan, I had to subsist on food and water for several weeks." W.C. Fields
New forgot the video :)
[link|http://www2.john-loftus.com/new_page_3.htm|video links ]
Edited tape seized by the FBI from the home collection of Dr. Sami Al-Arian in which he welcomes a "Who's who" of terrorists, explains why some can not be at the meeting, and proclaims "Death to the Jews." (2:50)

Dr. Sami Al-Arian giving a Nazi-like propaganda speech in which he likens Jews to "monkeys and pigs" and concludes with "Death to Israel! Revolution! Let's roll into Jerusalem" (2:08)

Dr. Sami Al-Arian proclaims "Let us Damm America" in a speech in which he questions why Islamic Jihad has stopped its terrorist attacks during the Gulf War (0:48)
thanx,
bill

New That's what the Wired articled claimed.
either this guy is getting ratfucked by the best or he really is with the sleazeballs.
That's what Wired claimed. Or not the "best" but merely the lazy and sensationalistic.

At the moment, I'd credit the Wired article more.

For one reason only. This guy would NOT be roaming the streets if our government had ANYTHING on him. Look at the sweeps that have happened already.

I'll check out the videos tonight, at home. Not appropriate for work. :(
New I knew it! the Clinton Connection :)
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/md2/Ldotvets/Bubba_99_12.html|undead horse rides again!]
"The Clinton administration shut down a 1995 investigation of Islamic charities, concerned that a public probe would expose Saudi Arabia's suspected ties to a global money-laundering operation that raised millions for anti-Israel terrorists, federal officials told The Washington Times.
Law enforcement authorities and others close to the aborted investigation said the State Department pressed federal officials to pull agents off the previously undisclosed probe after the charities were targeted in the diversion of cash to groups that fund terrorism."
Clintons legacy, the butt of everything anathemic.
thanx,
bill
     OpEd: Orson Scott Card on the American imams - (marlowe) - (24)
         Wow..I just lost respect for Orsen Scott Card. - (Simon_Jester) - (15)
             Huh? - (wharris2) - (14)
                 Cough.. - (Simon_Jester) - (13)
                     And on the other side of the scale... - (marlowe) - (12)
                         current / old / old / who? - (Brandioch)
                         exactly...none of them are Professors.... - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
                             YIP - perhaps he's referring to the Yippies. - (Another Scott)
                             Re: YIP - (a6l6e6x)
                             Yup. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                 nit - (boxley) - (5)
                                     Reference - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                         Instead of third hand postulations :) - (boxley) - (3)
                                             forgot the video :) - (boxley)
                                             That's what the Wired articled claimed. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                 I knew it! the Clinton Connection :) - (boxley)
                         you called? - (boxley)
         Interesting. - (Brandioch) - (7)
             Where'd ya learn that stuff? - (Ashton)
             Brandi, my man, I'm afraid you just don't get it! - (jb4)
             Sure I'll name a name - (boxley) - (4)
                 And there are better ones than that... - (Simon_Jester)
                 Ummm, on the off chance I was reading that wrong. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                     no I had nothing to do with it - (boxley) - (1)
                         Based upon that, I'd say psycho. - (Brandioch)

Unless they wink.
59 ms