IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Arrests at Adelphia!
[link|http://www.nando.net/business/story/476305p-3807251c.html|A step toward real accountability]

Excerpt:

Three former executives of bankrupt cable television provider Adelphia Communications Corp. have been arrested on conspiracy charges alleging they looted their company, using it as their "personal piggy bank."

Company founder and former chairman and CEO John Rigas was arrested Wednesday along with his sons, Timothy, a former company chief financial officer, and Michael, another former company executive.

I say:

White collar trash. Round `em up and lock `em up. Then we can get on with business. And the stock market seems to agree with me.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Everything's a mystery until you figure out how it works.
Free Joel Mowbray!
I'm a-gonna put a gun rack on my SUV.
New Who?
I've never heard of this "Adelphia Communications Corp."

I've heard of Enron and WorldCom.

(edit follows 'cause I hit the button too soon)

Adelphia, the nation's sixth-largest cable company with 5.7 million subscribers in more than 30 states, filed for bankruptcy protection last month.
By way of comparision, NYC had 8 million people + living in the city itself.

Is there a huge difference between 6th place and 1st or 2nd place?
Expand Edited by Brandioch July 24, 2002, 05:57:16 PM EDT
New More members for Club Fed
Most likely they will end up at that White Collar Federal Prison nicknamed Club Fed. basically a country club slash minimum security prison. Instead of just basic cable like normal prisons have, they get HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, The Spice Channel, and the Playboy channel. Better quality of food, weekends with their spouces, and the best health and dental and vision plan in the country.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New It's still Show Time..
"Get Tough on Corporate Crime\ufffd". But above all: be Seen to be GTOCC - elections are coming.

Shall we next see a reevaluation of The Corporation as having both 'special rules' and also having all the rights of A Person plus immunities? -- as in spending millions to lobby against empowering Federal oversight agencies, as a Person 'might'? (to pick just one common practice)

I doubt any such reevaluation, even after the next half-dozen 'accounting problems' surface. (Less probable even IMhO - than Congress altering campaign funding rules.. beyond some token appearances.)

Ashton
New One small step for man....
Now, what they really need to do is arrest the scumbags at Enron and Worldcom. Adelphia? Small fry compared to them.
The lawyers would mostly rather be what they are than get out of the way even if the cost was Hammerfall. - Jerry Pournelle
     Arrests at Adelphia! - (marlowe) - (4)
         Who? - (Brandioch)
         More members for Club Fed - (orion)
         It's still Show Time.. - (Ashton)
         One small step for man.... - (wharris2)

Peanut butter is "dinner" as long as you put it on a plate.
192 ms