IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What about nForce?
IIRC according to Tom's Hardware, the nForce ("XBox") chipset has pretty good sound. And, I'm sure they'll support W2K.

Frankly, I don't think you're going to see much competition in high end sound cards because it's not a growing market (and good sound on motherboards such as the nForce has the potential to really hurt CL), and there isn't a huge market for really good sound cards.

Tony
New Actually, it's about using what I already have.
I already have the Aureal Vortex 2 - I don't have an NForce. I'd just like to use it again. The sound in it was so much better than anything UnCreative Labs has ever put out... Mmm, Half-Life in A3D mode...
New I'm running with stock W2K drivers here
And I get wubbly sound, in Half-Life and Q3A.

The (hardware-accelerated) sound of a rocket wooshing past your head is quite astounding the first time you hear it...

(For those not in the know, Q3A has proper doppler effects)
--
Peter
Shill For Hire
New Really?
What's the rest of your beast?

There are some driver issues with VIA chipsets and the Aureal Vortex series cards - which is exactly why I can't use them.
"What do I care for your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have recieved the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output."
     A most unkind cut... - (inthane-chan) - (8)
         that is the problem with the computer business - (boxley)
         What about nForce? - (tonytib) - (3)
             Actually, it's about using what I already have. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                 I'm running with stock W2K drivers here - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Really? - (inthane-chan)
         Re: A most unkind cut... - (andread) - (2)
             "Serve" is right-on: it's a cookbook. -NT - (Ashton)
             Holding pattern. - (inthane-chan)

It's only Monday, and that is already the dumbest question of the week.
80 ms