IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Attn Alex - NC
Wondering if you know anything +/- re Highstream.net ??

My friend in Asheville is considering them .. so as to kick the Juno dumbed-down habit. (Think I already asked if you knew any PFYs in Asheville re a couple paid hours to walk her thru Mozilla, WW and ZAlarm on a freshly reinstalled W98SE. You didn't :(

(So I suggested she hang with the bros at a local HS and look for a kid with lots of pensin his pocket, maybe on a wireless PDA)

Thanx

Ashton
New tell them to go to a game room
A pfy will have one apart fixing it on the cheap for the owner, he usually knows a lot about nix.
thanx,
bill
."Once, in the wilds of Afghanistan, I had to subsist on food and water for several weeks." W.C. Fields
New Hmm - will add that.
I was thinking - put an old PC out in front of house. See who picks it up (gotta be an innocent or a Linux type wanting a firewall ;-)
New Re: Highstream.net
It's the first i've heard of it, Ash. Around this area, for high speed, it's pretty much RoadRunner (Time Warner Cable). Earthlink has a deal with Time Warner cable to market their own cable modem connections as well. Also, Bell South has DSL.

The only inexpensive (was ~$10/mo) dial-up I know anyone uses is People-PC. It's OK, but recently bought out by a bigger outfit whose name I slips my mind.

RoadRunner, which I have, is $45/mo if already a cable TV customer and $10 more if not.
Alex

"Television: chewing gum for the eyes." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
New Thanx.
     Attn Alex - NC - (Ashton) - (4)
         tell them to go to a game room - (boxley) - (1)
             Hmm - will add that. - (Ashton)
         Re: Highstream.net - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Thanx. -NT - (Ashton)

DUDE!
65 ms