Found on Freenet, so an URL wouldn't help.

Excerpt:

Like the fool that I am, I decided to give censor-busting software, Peekabooty (it's really got nothing to do with the cDc guvnor .. honest) a try today. I was hoping to have a review ready by now, but unfortunately, when they say it's beta software they really mean it.

Word has already got around that installing it does really bad things to Windows NT, but let me assure you, it does a fine job wrecking Windows 98 too. Software designed to improve my ability to communicate without barriers, actually trashed my dial-up networking setup, overwriting key system files with Windows ME versions, and thereby leaving me with NO Internet access. Great work so far ...

As I write this, I've only just managed to get my networking back up again (it'll probably take the rest of the week to get everything working properly again), and needless to say, I'm not exactly in a hurry to give Peeka another shot. So if anybody does manage to use it without losing their Internet access into the bargain, I'd really like to hear about it.

And to think I used to bitch about Freenet filling my drives with millions of TMP files and 20Gb debug logs. I just didn't realise how good I had it.

That is all.