IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why so many Mac Rumor sites?
It seems that the Macintosh has a ton of rumor sites for it. Yet we don't see any Windows rumor sites, or Amiga Rumor sites, or Linux rumor sites. Why is it that the Macintosh needs so many rumor sites?

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New I've been asking myself that as well

I mean, if you look at the sites themselves, they seem to be quoting *other* rumor sites for the most part. The way Apple has clamped down on the leaks, it's pretty slim pickings for just one site, let alone all the others.

As to why there are no Amiga rumors sites:

- Not that much (visible) going on in the Amiga world.

Why there are no Windows sites:

- Windows users don't speculate, they just shut up and do what they're told.

Just my opinion, of course.
Tom Sinclair
"Subverting Young Minds Since 03/13/2000
New Mac Rumor Sites
apparently their bread and butter is to try and leak information from Apple to the public. Like that darn Apple PDA that people keep talking about, or G5 Macs. If Apple shuts down the Mac Rumor sites, where will this lead?

The Amiga has the Amiga One, AmigaOS 4.0, and AmigaDE going on right now. The beta testers and developers have been tight-lipped about it except for a few. Like a guy who claims to have run MacOS on his Amiga One system via Yellowdog Linux and MacOnLinux. But no Amiga Rumor sites, not a single one can I find.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Because
Apple likes to hold its product announcements close until they can release them with a flourish (and within the RDF) at one of thier myriad conventions.

MS tends to announce new stuff years advance while it is still near-vapor in order to gauge reaction and stifle the competition in that area (we should wait on that purchase because MS will have something to offer RSN). I have seen Windows rumor sites, but they are usually more along the lines of alpha/beta worship sites.

Linux? Kinda hard to have rumors about an OS that is developed in the open.

Amiga? What's that? ;)
--
Chris Altmann
     Why so many Mac Rumor sites? - (orion) - (3)
         I've been asking myself that as well - (tjsinclair) - (1)
             Mac Rumor Sites - (orion)
         Because - (altmann)