IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pardon my arrogant certainty ...
... but folkways in this part of the world really suck.

[link|http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/07/09/bible.study.beating/index.html|Texas boy beaten, hospitalized over Bible study]
--
Chris Altmann
New Not sure I read this right -
A *twenty-two year old* 'Pastor', teaching a non-Texan-speaking child about The Prince of Peace, finds that his pupil's attitude is not sufficiently serious for the 'Pastor' to get across his Christian message, so he ... ...

beats the child in two sessions, for a total of ninety minutes - traumatizing, damaging kidneys ... all leading to hospitalization, where the child is said to be in fair condition.

I must have read it wrong-ly. Given that, "The City of Austin has grown from a population of 465,000 in 1990 to over 650,000 people by 2000." it appears that this is not about some interbred clan of savages in a swamp somewhere, but God-fearin Baptist Muricans with cel-fones and UAVs, who are teaching ...

Nope, there must be something wrong in the report: this is plain nuts, unless of course - the kid is a homosexual abortionist who won't say the Pledge of Allegiance (?)

Let's see what the God-fearin Austin folk actually DO next.
After all, the perps ARE "over 17" and even the retarded are fair-game for executions in Dubya's old precinct (less'n some foreign Federal Judge intervenes against 'local customs', I guess).
New Yeah. Total morons.
Reinforcing my conviction that 'religion' and 'authority' don't mix on any level.

You can't force religion down anyone's throat. Even (especially?) if the one doing the forcing thinks it's 'for your own good'.

If 'religious behaviour' isn't voluntary on the part of the individual, I simply don't see what value 'enforcement' (in this case beatings - disgusting) can possibly have.

Could they possibly have thought that this kid would value any form of Christianity after this kind of treatment? Hell - they might as well have been conditioning the kid AWAY from (at the very least, Baptist) religion.

I hope these guys (if they really did this - and the article seems pretty sure, anyway) go to jail for a loooo-ooong time.

And - how many other 'students' have they assaulted?

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Litmus test: IS Austin in the US of A?__We'll see, won't we?
New The plot dissembles
[link|http://www.austin360.com/aas/metro/071002/0710pastors.html|Denial] appears to be the current MO of the Christ-like Inquisitors.
Based on interviews with Louie's family, Austin police Detective Douglas Havens said physical punishments, including push-ups and spankings, were common and that Joshua Thompson preached harsh discipline to his roughly 40 congregants. The boy's family told detectives that Joshua Thompson referred to such whippings as "the rod," a term with which the congregants were familiar, Havens said.

"He's a real fire-and-brimstone kind of guy," Havens said. "A real fundamentalist \ufffd spare the rod, spoil the child. Apparently (Caleb Thompson) was recruited by his brother for this other effort."

Havens doesn't think the alleged beating was an isolated incident. But, he said, he's concerned that police might never discover other incidents.

"Many congregation members . . . might buy into this philosophy and not consider their child a victim," he said. "It complicates things."
Ah well then.. if'n all these parents of other kids exposed to The Holy Spirit think it's OK, why I guess we'll just see another kid grow up with one thought in mind: GTF away from these crazy Gringos and this Fucking State\ufffd full of 'em.

Ashton
who, just in case.. will ask Jesus to bite these motherfuckers on their asses for at least two full hours... with Holy Salt shaker, please.
New Saw on a church van here: "The Rod of God!" :)
Alex

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -- Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
New You mean... God as a
Van Conversion ?!?

... talk about Holy Smoke
New ROFL!
Alex

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -- Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
     Pardon my arrogant certainty ... - (altmann) - (7)
         Not sure I read this right - - (Ashton) - (2)
             Yeah. Total morons. - (imric) - (1)
                 Litmus test: IS Austin in the US of A?__We'll see, won't we? -NT - (Ashton)
         The plot dissembles - (Ashton) - (3)
             Saw on a church van here: "The Rod of God!" :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 You mean... God as a - (Ashton) - (1)
                     ROFL! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Any more than we can resent a dog licking its own testicles.
181 ms