IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I don't think it's that
Plenty of judges have given ridiculously light sentences because the perp was a promising student, or promising athlete. It almost seems like the problem is lots of judges don't think rape is a big deal.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook March 19, 2024, 10:45:04 PM EDT
New The State of Tennessee agrees it is not a big deal
Under state law, all the charges Richards was convicted of could have been punished by only probation, except for sexual battery by an authority figure that carries a minimum of three years in prison.

It seems 12 years is actually quite harsh for raping your 14-year old daughter for 2 years :-(
New That's what you get when you elect Republicans for decades.
New the old "iffen she aint good enuff for her own folks she aint good enuff for ourn"
same in certain parts of southern ontario :-)
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Oh yeah, it absolutely is
here in southern Ontario I mean.

Not just here either; that shit is rife in anglo North American justice.

I actually did a petition about a case here in Kingston, aimed at the judge who basically let a uni hockey player off for raping a high school girl.
     under todsys FFS - (boxley) - (6)
         The judge clearly does not understand . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
             I don't think it's that - (drook) - (4)
                 The State of Tennessee agrees it is not a big deal - (scoenye) - (3)
                     That's what you get when you elect Republicans for decades. -NT - (jake123) - (2)
                         the old "iffen she aint good enuff for her own folks she aint good enuff for ourn" - (boxley) - (1)
                             Oh yeah, it absolutely is - (jake123)

It is a silly place.
75 ms