1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New mississippi is number one again!
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Part of being strong Republican. :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New gotta do something waiting for sunday
New And rubbers are evil
--

Drew
New Sending to m in case she has any ideas
"We" get her father for a month a year. I'm not going to do it again.

So this year she rented an Airbnb in Mississippi right on the border to New Orleans. So she's gone for a month with the old man. It took 2 days until she called screaming that she can't take him anymore. He insists on going through bills. And demanding to know why a given appointment cost a given amount. The same bill he went through an hour ago and will be going through an hour from now. She's a professional geriatric nurse who deals with dementia patients every shift. But she could walk away from them. She can't walk away from him.

So I got a month of playing alone at home. I'll be fine. My hobbies keep me busy. Every time b left for a vacation with the kids I announced to her as she left the door: Yay! Time for hookers and cocaine! I didn't bother when m left. She would know I was lying. My blood pressure can't take either.
New It's hard. There's no magic fix. Distraction and patience is about all you can do.
New Similar with my mom
I'll be on the phone with her for a half-hour and it's the same discussion 7 times. At least she's not angry about things.
--

Drew
New Sometimes my friends tell me . . .
. . "you've told that story before."

I tell them, "I'm an older guy, so I get to tell my stories as many times as I want and you don't get to complain!"
New get him to the beach keep him there, lots of local oddlots to keep him occupied
     mississippi is number one again! - (boxley) - (8)
         Part of being strong Republican. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             gotta do something waiting for sunday -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 And rubbers are evil -NT - (drook)
         Sending to m in case she has any ideas - (crazy) - (4)
             It's hard. There's no magic fix. Distraction and patience is about all you can do. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Similar with my mom - (drook) - (1)
                 Sometimes my friends tell me . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             get him to the beach keep him there, lots of local oddlots to keep him occupied -NT - (boxley)

Mandatory cayenne enemas would have the same effect.
68 ms