IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ordered a new phone...
I've still got my S20+ 5G and it has treated me well, but I wanted something newer, with a better camera, etc. The Samsung camera image processing stuff is often very heavy handed, but I found an Open Camera app that I was mostly happy with.

I like the idea of Pixels and looked pretty closely at the Pixel 8 Pro, but stories of poor cell reception gobbling up the battery gave me flashbacks to previous phones (and J getting upset with me when she couldn't reach me on a phone call). That's no good.

I don't care about AI stuff, yet, but it might be handy someday.

I was looking around at deals, and see that I could get a Pixel 8 Pro with 512 GB for $830 at Google Fi. Not bad. But what's this?? $650 off on a S24 Ultra with 512 GB??! That can't be right.

But it is.

$650 + tax and shipping. And it works with my ultra-cheap Fi plan (almost always $30 a month all-up - I pay $10 a GB for cell data, but almost never use that much). I have to stay on Fi for 120 days, but I don't plan on going anywhere.

I just can't resist that.

It should be here early next month.

There are similar Fi deals for new accounts, but check the details.

Other companies probably have similar deals - you shouldn't need to pay anywhere near list price for the 24 Ultra.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Also a Fi user
Mine's $90/mo for 4 lines unlimited. I'm looking into new phones because mine and Jenn's keep getting slower and hanging regularly. Going to try a factory reset first.
--

Drew
New try to keep my phones under $200 dont need features and dont use apps
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New I just want the better camera
--

Drew
New Got it today.
I've been spending the afternoon figuring out how to back it up and transfer stuff from the old one to the new one.

Pretty painless so far.

I did have a scare on opening the box and discovering that it already had a new SIM installed. I had a chat with someone from Fi (almost no waiting) who assured me that I could use my old SIM and didn't have to change anything with my plan to still have the $650 price cut.

So far, it's a new phone. Everything is nice and shiny. It still fits in my shirt pocket, even with a Spigen Tough Armor case. It takes pictures, it texts, it runs my apps.

I've taken a few pictures inside, but haven't done any pixel peeping yet. I haven't taken out the S-Pen yet.

So far, so good.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Ordered a new phone... - (Another Scott) - (4)
         Also a Fi user - (drook)
         try to keep my phones under $200 dont need features and dont use apps -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             I just want the better camera -NT - (drook)
         Got it today. - (Another Scott)

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
72 ms