IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Here's what the Critic...
...al Drinker has to say about it: So I Watched Lady Ballers... Seems like... You won't be converted -- neither to the Daily Wire's politics, nor to your kid's view that "it's hilarious!" -- but you might survive. I mean, it's probably pretty shit, since the best anyone can find to say about it seems to be that it's (trying to be) like comedies from the mid-00s such as "Juwanna Man"(?), but at least it's apparently not quite "Birth of a Nation".

Tangentially, given all the controversy it's created already, the fact that it even occured to some fuckwit to try to have its Wikipedia page deleted on the flimsy pretext of "not notable" is... Well, Idunno what it's more of, (genuinely this time) hilarious or infuriating.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New That's the Kardashian definition of notable
It's notable!

It's not.

But everyone's talking about it!

No, we're not.

You're talking about it right now!

No, you're talking about it. I'm trying to ignore it.

So we're arguing? That's controversy! It's notable!

Fuck you.
--

Drew
New Funny thing is, I objected to the deletion because people ARE talking about it.
Didn't mention in the deletion discussion where exactly I'd seen that... But it was here. This discussion, started by you, Kourtney. And yeah, Wikipedia does have pages on the Kardashians too -- so what was that about "the Kardashian definition of notable", again?
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New "Famous ... infamous ... I just want people to know my name."
If all you want is to be known, it's going to happen. (Whether you get your full 15 minutes or not depends on whether you can keep people's attention.) The only way to prevent it is to have gatekeepers who all agree not to notice the thing designed to be noticed.
--

Drew
New Signed: Herostratos.
New Nope, infamy sucks
Yeah, it works for people who are proud of their stupidity or the criminal behavior and they can roll it into book deal. But other than that it is not good.

When I was young I used to refer to myself as a legend in my own mind. I accepted that my ego was directing my thoughts. I had to double check if I was bullshitting myself.

Then I left the wife and started a new life and started reconnecting with a variety of people from my youth. I went and interviewed them with a recorder and ask them my memories were accurate. Was I a legend outside my mind? How crazy are my thoughts?

Turns out I actually was a legend outside my mind. My general attitudes were based on insecurity. That's why I gained the confidence at that moment to start gathering materials to write the book.

But then the arrest happened and I thought it was just going to add a great chapter to the book. But then the boy made me promise to never write the book. Why should momentary financial comfort for me cause a lifetime of pain to him? So I didn't write the book. Oh well.

Back to the point. Infamy only works for independently wealthy people. The rest of us have to avoid it.
New You said it yourself: You care about other people
Get over that and you can exploit it.
--

Drew
New Once you can fake a sincerity you have it made
     About to lose a couple hours of my life - (drook) - (10)
         https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lady_ballers - (boxley) - (1)
             Here's how dumb the concept is - (drook)
         Here's what the Critic... - (CRConrad) - (7)
             That's the Kardashian definition of notable - (drook) - (6)
                 Funny thing is, I objected to the deletion because people ARE talking about it. - (CRConrad) - (5)
                     "Famous ... infamous ... I just want people to know my name." - (drook) - (4)
                         Signed: Herostratos. -NT - (CRConrad)
                         Nope, infamy sucks - (crazy) - (2)
                             You said it yourself: You care about other people - (drook) - (1)
                                 Once you can fake a sincerity you have it made -NT - (crazy)

I'll eat my freaking Taco Bell and drink my beer, and I'll do it all in bed, dammit!
49 ms