IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Do you sit back from the desk or right up against it?
I have a very shallow desk, so my keyboard and mouse are right up near the edge. I sit fairly far back, knees just about under the edge. I use a mousepad with a gel wrist rest. I end up with my right arm nearly straight, and if I'm not paying attention to it, my shoulder drops down and the entire arm hangs from it.

When I've had deeper desks, the mouse sits back a good foot from the edge and my forearm is mostly on the desk.
--

Drew
New Re: Do you sit back from the desk or right up against it?
I sit such that I don’t rest my wrists on the desk at all whilst typing, but if I did, I’d probably just about fit the heel of my hand on the desk.

I blow hot and cold on the subject of wrist rests. I’ve seen people (back when I was doing DSE assessments at work) get both better and worse with them. I think some people’s wrist geometry works with them, and others not.

Something else you might want to consider is a footrest. It’s counter-intuitive, but they do help.
New Chair first
I suspect I just need to sit higher, then get a footrest.
--

Drew
     Input devices and the avoidance of unfortunate consequences - (pwhysall) - (11)
         Does Apple hardware -- like that trackpad -- work with PCs? - (CRConrad) - (1)
             I believe so, yes. - (pwhysall)
         I'm looking at getting a new chair with armrests - (drook) - (7)
             Re: I'm looking at getting a new chair with armrests - (pwhysall) - (5)
                 Do you sit back from the desk or right up against it? - (drook) - (2)
                     Re: Do you sit back from the desk or right up against it? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Chair first - (drook)
                 I remove them altogether, whenever I can. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Re: I remove them altogether, whenever I can. - (pwhysall)
             try standing and leaning over the desk what I do -NT - (boxley)
         mouse muscle memory - (rcareaga)

Time for a tasty, tangy treat!
73 ms