IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You may not need to get sick about this.
.Net does .Not make sense. Too much money was blown on useless technologies in the 1990's and non-IT people are finally starting to realize that. The case has not been made for .Net and from what I've seen, it likely never will be.
New Re: Not from where my company sees it

I am known as an MS lover (_not) but I have to review analysts like Gartner, etc: and advise on what a range of these people are saying about trends (these are the only orgs we can take risks on due to their status in the industry).

Whilst many analysts question the state of MS .Net rollout - they almost as one say that Microsoft's .Net strategy is one of the cleanest and clearest strategies especially in regard to XML and emerging Web Services.

I don't like praising MS but even I can't deny these facts - we are dealing closely with MS (as we do with Sun & IBM) & MS's presentations & demos on .Net are among the best & easiest to follow that we have seen. We can pretend this isn't so but having sat thru demos from many vendors & then had to recommend who to include in our corporate briefings I had no other pragmatic choice but to recommend MS as one of the important players.

This is not the sort of news most of us here want to hear but as much as I can kick MS I will give them recognition when I believe they have earned it. They may let us down but we can only make best choices based on what is before us and at the moment MS appear to be living up to .Net. But time will tell.

Doug Marker

New But isn't that still, really, all they have?
MS's presentations & demos on .Net are among the best & easiest to follow that we have seen.

MS is notorious for presentations and demos (eg, the anti-trust trial - cute presentations and demos, that is, if someone hadn't caught them red-handed with hands in the fake demo cookie jar.)

To trust any Microsoft presentation or demo is as much as to stamp oneself on the forhead with a blinking, flashing, audibly buzzing tattoo saying "Gullible, gullible, gullible".

So far, Microsoft has produced a lot of tools and promised others. So far, everyone I know who might be one of those eligible for switching hates the stuff.
New My sentiments Xactly.
New Note to self:
I need to get one of those unauthorized Microsoft histories and, if nothing else, be able to give more examples.
Famous last RPG quotes: "I'll just shoot this fireball down the dungeon passageway..."
     If C# wasn't enough, now there's J# as well. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
         You may not need to get sick about this. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             Re: Not from where my company sees it - (dmarker2) - (3)
                 But isn't that still, really, all they have? - (wharris2) - (2)
                     My sentiments Xactly. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     Note to self: - (wharris2)

It’s merely anecdotal, but someone who can severely misconstrue the meaning of “Green Eggs and Ham” has no business being considered smart.
48 ms