IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A very thoughtful, high-minded paper on doing software development more gooder
https://grugbrain.dev/

This whole paper resonates with me.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New a lot of KISS in there, good article
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Excellent. Passed on. Thanks.
New Maintainability is everything
I have been going with that mindset for a while now. The paper does indeed resonate.

Unfortunately, it does not resonate with everyone so eternal vigilance is needed :-(
New Will second that.
I have two colleagues who tend to let complexity win over readability. My challenge, being the most code monkey in the team, is to catch it earlier rather than later. I'm not as successful as I want to be. I was tracing through some code to analyze whether it was making a faulty call and came across a few functions that seemed to be doing weird things and I could not see why. *sigh* Clearly they haven't learnt how to leave notes when they do something like that...

Wade.
New Seen that referenced quite a lot (mainly on HN?); can't recall if I'd actually read it before.
This one line, under DRY:

note well! grug encourage over literal developer not take does work line too serious, is joke
I actually think it works for real, too, not just as a joke: Over time (as you get better?), the code actually doing what it's supposed to do becomes less uncertain, so relatively less of a concern -- "less important".

(Also, gotta report a typo... So this is the htmx guy, Carson Gross, right?)
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
     A very thoughtful, high-minded paper on doing software development more gooder - (malraux) - (5)
         a lot of KISS in there, good article -NT - (boxley)
         Excellent. Passed on. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Maintainability is everything - (scoenye) - (1)
             Will second that. - (static)
         Seen that referenced quite a lot (mainly on HN?); can't recall if I'd actually read it before. - (CRConrad)

We do, after all, survive every moment... except the last.
66 ms