IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New dog days
Poor Ravi, who came to us as a gangly adolescent in the waning weeks of the Cheney Shogunate, is circling the drain: imperfectly continent (I phrase this charitably) and barely able to walk. And yet, he appears still to enjoy the elements that life still permits him: his meals, the message boards he encounters (“reply all”) on his abbreviated walks, his belly rubs. As yet the balance hasn’t shifted decisively to euthanasia, and we are reluctant to contemplate this, but we’re aware that we mustn’t withhold the last kindness because we’re so reluctant to part with him.

cordially,
New They are tough decisions.
When the dog is greatly suffering it's time to end the pain.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New ☹️. It's hard...
New Yet another reason why we don't have pets. (I'm a coward, I know.)
New That's a difficult decision to make.
We've let two of our cats go for far too long, and every time I tell myself not to do so again. But belly rubs are a tonic for all parties involved, I should think.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New We're nearing that, too
Bean's hip dysplasia has finally started causing problems. She has a hard time on stairs, so I usually carry her up at night and Jenn uses a harness to support her back end on the way down in the morning. She uses a wheelchair that supports her back end on walks.

Now she's got a couple growths, that the vet has told us aren't worth trying to operate on. As long as they aren't bothering her, we can ignore them. We've had her on special food (we make it from scratch) for maybe a year now, but every now and then she still doesn't handle it well.
--

Drew
New Please stop it
My right foot is broken and my left foot and ankle up to the shin is pretty much f*****. My hips grind and dislocate. I'm not allowed to take the easy way out but your dog is. Let it happen.
New Painful decision. Painful process.
I had a cat I loved. When she went terminal I held her while I fed her a can of tuna and then they injected her. Bawled my eyes out.
New It’s tough
Our Yorkie is 17, and whilst he’s chipper enough for now, we know it won’t take much to knock him off his perch.
New We're lucky we have a supportive vet
He will not euthanize an animal if he does not think it is time. It does take a little bit of the edge off knowing the time has come.
     dog days - (rcareaga) - (9)
         They are tough decisions. - (a6l6e6x)
         ☹️. It's hard... -NT - (Another Scott)
         Yet another reason why we don't have pets. (I'm a coward, I know.) -NT - (CRConrad)
         That's a difficult decision to make. - (malraux)
         We're nearing that, too - (drook) - (1)
             Please stop it - (crazy)
         Painful decision. Painful process. - (crazy)
         It’s tough - (pwhysall)
         We're lucky we have a supportive vet - (scoenye)

Why, that looks so dangerous - I'm sure I'll learn something wonderful!
71 ms