IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Feels like this place is dying.
I know it gets quiet on US holidays, but the last one was nearly a month ago, IIRC.

Of course, it probably doesn't help that people like me don't start new topics all that often. Oops. :-) But it is true that the social website landscape is in the middle of a seismic change. With Twitter being "re-invented", the fracas on Reddit with mods, there are a lot of alternatives popping up and re-surfacing. I'd say this is definitely affecting the wider landscape... and I guess the traffic here is a tertiary effect.

Wade.
New I thank Scott for keeping the lights on
I assume that the active communication is on the Slack thing he set up. I never asked to join there because I have too many distractions already.

Post more! ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Not a lot going on there either.
We might all be getting on into the "can't be arsed" years or something.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New My own social networks are changing, I will admit.
I'm currently most active on Mastodon. https://aus.social/@static

But I'm also on Discord (courtesy of some streamers on Twitch I've befriended) and a few other more niche places.

Wade.
New Discord is where I'm most active at this point
Almost exclusively on a few MUD-oriented servers.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New “might” “getting”
🤣
New Loss of critcal mass
I think that is mostly what happened to Iwethey. Each time we lose someone, their interests go with them. That slowly erodes the reasons to come visit, leading to more people leaving, etc., etc.
New The Slack is an interesting data point
It's got notifications, so I know when there's something there. We don't have that here. Which explains why I may respond faster there, but doesn't explain why I post original things there and not here. Do I need that instant feedback?

Also, I think we've got a bit of that "old couple" syndrome, where we've already had all the arguments, we know each other's opinions, how much new is there to talk about?

Now that you've prompted me to think about it, I'm going to try starting more threads here, not just waiting for someone else to go first. This gang has been together for a long time. It would be a shame to see it just drift away.

[edit] Oops, Slack not Discord
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Aug. 1, 2023, 12:10:47 PM EDT
New No, you don't actually *need* it... You're just addicted to it. :-(
New this place is still my home page on the browser
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Why does that not surprise me. :-)
New Re: Feels like this place is dying.*
Yeah, I should look in here more frequently. And yes, we’ve lost some vital participants—seed crystals, some of them, for long threads, and interesting disputants even when things got contentious. I wish we could lure some of them back.

*Not to excuse my own infrequent appearances here, but IWT isn’t the only thing dying in my circle.

cordially,
     Feels like this place is dying. - (static) - (11)
         I thank Scott for keeping the lights on - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Not a lot going on there either. - (malraux) - (3)
                 My own social networks are changing, I will admit. - (static) - (1)
                     Discord is where I'm most active at this point - (malraux)
                 “might” “getting” - (pwhysall)
         Loss of critcal mass - (scoenye)
         The Slack is an interesting data point - (drook) - (3)
             No, you don't actually *need* it... You're just addicted to it. :-( -NT - (CRConrad)
             this place is still my home page on the browser -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Why does that not surprise me. :-) -NT - (static)
         Re: Feels like this place is dying.* - (rcareaga)

Ruh-roh...
55 ms