1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Always better when you can point to it and say, "Yes, that. Now fix it."
PS: Now I want a cheesesteak. Grrr ...
--

Drew
New read crazy's post before I read yours, came to the same conclusion. sammich now :-)
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New No fixing
Healing hopefully in the cast but no surgery.
New Back from the ortho
Before the appointment I got another x-ray done.

I love my little hospital/med clinic area. It'll probably kill me someday since it doesn't have a heart cath lab but until then I will enjoy it.

X-rays on the first floor. Took me a couple of minutes to check in and then they sent me to the x-ray area and then it took about 2 minutes in the waiting room and then they saw me.

10 minutes later I was upstairs in the ortho doc office and he saw me at my appointment start time.

He tells me I'm probably going to need surgery. He needs a CT scan to be sure that what he's thinking will work. Plus he needs to send me to the vascular ultrasound people to make sure my blood flows good and I will heal.

Back downstairs. Roll up to the CT desk and say can you see me? They say yes, go back to check in so we have the appropriate entry in the computer system and we will see you immediately. 10 minutes later they were CT scanning me.

After that I go to the ultrasound department. They told me call this number and make an appointment, expect it to be a couple of weeks.

Uh-oh. The surgery is time sensitive. M makes the phone call and gets a 3:00 p.m. appointment.

Quarter of three I show up, they take me in at 3:00, and I have the healthiest blood vessels they've ever seen. At least this week. Bottom line is they are used to seeing diseased people and I'm not one of them, at least not my blood vessels.

I have great "healing potential". New phrase for me.

Another ortho appointment first thing on Monday. Probably have the surgery before the end of the week.
Expand Edited by crazy June 30, 2023, 07:37:12 PM EDT
New good luck and keep us posted
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New That's fast!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Bullet dodged, for now
Ortho called at 5:30 to let me know he got all his test results back and the CT looked much better than the x-ray and that I do not need surgery. Wear the boot for a couple of weeks and then when the swelling goes down (it's seriously bruised) go in and get it casted for a month. Do not put any weight on it.

And M made me another cheese steak when we got home.
Expand Edited by crazy June 30, 2023, 11:17:06 PM EDT
New Excellent. Do what they tell you. Good luck!
New Much better result, for sure.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Broke my foot - (crazy) - (9)
         Always better when you can point to it and say, "Yes, that. Now fix it." - (drook) - (8)
             read crazy's post before I read yours, came to the same conclusion. sammich now :-) -NT - (boxley)
             No fixing - (crazy) - (6)
                 Back from the ortho - (crazy) - (5)
                     good luck and keep us posted -NT - (boxley)
                     That's fast! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Bullet dodged, for now - (crazy) - (2)
                         Excellent. Do what they tell you. Good luck! -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Much better result, for sure. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Stop thinking in all caps.
91 ms