IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I may be dealing
…with, on the distaff end, a terminal disease that has lately announced itself—it’s a rare but usually lethal form of cancer that typically waits to announce its symptoms until it has accomplished most of its mischief prior to surfacing—and which will likely be consuming most of my energies and attention going forward, leaving little for an online presence.

Victims of the condition have been known to survive, with treatment, for as long as five years, but these are outliers: we are probably looking at something closer to five months.

We’d hoped for “False alarm!” were prepared to accept “This will be pretty rugged for the next year while we make this thing go away”; had not anticipated Door Number Three, behind which terms like “palliative treatment” and “hospice care” are being bandied about.

My wife, hospitalized since Saturday (and feeling much better following the draining of 2.5 liters of “ascites” from her abdomen, although the cavity appears to be filling up anew), is treating her condition and likely outcome (“it represents an advanced stage of cancer with a poor prognosis,” says one online source) with equanimity, and I am attempting in affect to match her stoicism. I’ve notified family members and warned them that communiqués are likely best conducted via text or email, because I have no confidence that I can keep it together voice-to-voice without dissolving into unmanly sobs.

This private precinct is as far as I’m prepared to acknowledge these things online, and I’d appreciate that no one mention it on social media.
New rough doins indeed
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Damn! It sounds very serious.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Hoping you're able to fit in some of those "someday" plans
--

Drew
New Bucket list. Do it. Don't waste a second or a dollar.
Please take the time if she can to do everything on her list and some of yours. Please.
New Very sorry to hear.
:-(

I'm sorry that you and she are going through that now. Here's hoping that she's in the survival cohort.

My step-mom died relatively suddenly of "cancer of the bile duct". They thought that they caught it in time, and thought that the Whipple Procedure had gone well, but, of course it had spread... :-( Our time here is finite.

Peace and comfort to you both.

Best wishes,
Scott.
New Oh that bit of vibrato in the voice
I am very sorry. That's it. There are no words beyond that. Take care.
New So sorry to hear it Rand
Similar to Drew's thoughts, I hope you're able to make your time together count.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Sad to hear that :-(
Like the others, I do hope you have some quality time left to make some of the wish list come true.
New All my sympathies. Fingers crossed 'til they're blue.
New My people have a saying:
Fuck cancer.

So sorry to hear this.
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
New I wish you strength.
This is going to be hard, no matter what way it develops.
     I may be dealing - (rcareaga) - (11)
         rough doins indeed -NT - (boxley)
         Damn! It sounds very serious. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Hoping you're able to fit in some of those "someday" plans -NT - (drook) - (1)
             Bucket list. Do it. Don't waste a second or a dollar. - (crazy)
         Very sorry to hear. - (Another Scott)
         Oh that bit of vibrato in the voice - (crazy)
         So sorry to hear it Rand - (malraux)
         Sad to hear that :-( - (scoenye)
         All my sympathies. Fingers crossed 'til they're blue. -NT - (CRConrad)
         My people have a saying: - (InThane)
         I wish you strength. - (Andrew Grygus)

Learn to swim.
46 ms