IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Buttery soft brisket
M went to Costco and they had brisket on sale for two bucks a pound. She came home and slapped 18 lb of brisket into my arms and said handle it.

Okay. I can handle this. Slice it up in bag size chunks. Salt, pepper and liquid smoke. 155° for 36 hours. I can put all of it in a single tub and have a bit of room left over to warm up my chicken.

I typically do an end sear for sous vide prepared meats, but this is just perfect without it.

I will never screw up brisket any other way again. Because I've screwed up brisket many times. I've tried low temperature, long-term smoking with and without various moisture. I've tried on the barbecue and I've tried in the oven. I have never done brisket before that I considered acceptable, at least repeatedly. And this brisket is perfect. And I'm sure it will be perfect every time when I repeat it.
New I can't believe "two bucks a pound"!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Buttery soft brisket - (crazy) - (1)
         I can't believe "two bucks a pound"! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

The thing about the explosive diarrhea excuse is you can really only use it once.
27 ms