IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wine recommendations?
I'm trying to explore cheap wines. Not crazy cheap, but I find $20 is plenty for a bottle of wine.

On the other hand I can go through 10 bottles of wine until I find I one I like. And that usually means drink one cup and then throw it out.

I don't like white at all. And red can be yucky. I don't want candy. But I don't want vinegar. If there's a hint of vinegar throw that out.

As an example of something I just found that I like: Layer Cake, Shiraz, South Australia, 2019.

Any recommendations along these lines?
New Is there a Trader Joe's near you?
I'm not a wine snob, or even someone who cares much about them though I drink some maybe a couple of times a month.

TJs has a lot of wines of various price ranges. I only buy the "Two Buck Chuck" - Charles Shaw - which is about $3.50 a bottle here in NoVA. The Merlot has a bit of a kick but is a little bitter (or whatever the term is). The Shiraz is quite good. The White Zin is fine - nothing special - but has far fewer tannins (obviously) so is lighter.

Experiment. Drink what you like. Price has nothing to do with what tastes good to you. Much of the wine industry is a scam, of course.

HTH a little.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Haven't had that particular one
90+ are generally good. I think their Old Vine Malbec may be to your liking. Dark Horse was a pleasant surprise when we first found it. At the time, it was being heavily discounted. That has ceased by know but occasionally, it still goes for $8 around here.
New beavis and butthead wine? Mateus? unfortunately I like red and vinegar flavored
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Sorry, I was going to try to help...
...by checking my local purveyor for that product, and then see what was similar to their characterisation of it. But all I found was: https://www.alko.fi/en/products/711125/
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
     Wine recommendations? - (crazy) - (4)
         Is there a Trader Joe's near you? - (Another Scott)
         Haven't had that particular one - (scoenye)
         beavis and butthead wine? Mateus? unfortunately I like red and vinegar flavored -NT - (boxley)
         Sorry, I was going to try to help... - (CRConrad)

We try not to be amazed at morons.
69 ms