IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New TV sound is currently in the Pulse Audio stage of development
Remember when Linux sound was a friggin nightmare? Well today it's "smart" TVs that are all busted. Multiple channels that you have to turn audio up to literally 100 and it's still too quiet, but then the commercials are screaming. DVD inputs that never get loud enough, whether you use HDMI or RCA inputs. And don't give me that "movies have wider dynamic range than TV shows" bullshit. This didn't used to be a problem before we had smart TVs.

Sometimes soundbars help, sometimes they don't. Some TV manufacturers are worse than others. But the more I research the more threads I find on support forums saying "it got worse after a recent software update." Lots of brands are using the same components, so I'm convinced it's a software issue.
--

Drew
New Sceptre tv's are not smart and have the same issues
I buy them because pic is great and they are rock bottom cheap but sound major sucks and I have to intercept the sound at the provider level to an external device to get quality sound
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Soundbar pre-review - (crazy) - (14)
         TV sound is currently in the Pulse Audio stage of development - (drook) - (1)
             Sceptre tv's are not smart and have the same issues - (boxley)
         Without speakers in back of you, you can't have a 3-D effect. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Yeah I get it - (crazy)
         We've got a couple of Yamaha sound bars - (Another Scott) - (9)
             I hadn't heard of the "Clear Voice" button before. - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
                 Yup. It's not perfect, of course, but it works. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     voice is usually always on a separate track, cool that they identified it -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         In the old days I had a separate center front speaker - (crazy)
                     Well, Costco doesn't have it anymore. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                         Good luck with it! -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             We shall see - (crazy) - (2)
                                 Re: We shall see - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     Nice for the purpose but not good enough - (crazy)

Screw it, we're fighting Cirque de Soleil! Run for your life!
42 ms