IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's early yet, but...
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1463998740340121601

Eric Feigl-Ding @DrEricDing

Warning sign BREAKING—HOTEL CROSS TRANSMISSION OF #B11529—Traveler from South AfricaFlag of South Africa flew to Hong KongFlag of Hong Kong with new variant—but wasn’t discovered until 4th day of quarantine on 2nd PCR. Another guest across hallway cross-infected—only positive on 8th day on 4th PCR! Both Pfizer vaccinated Thread

Ding was worried about Delta early on.

(via LOLGOP)

Cheers,
Scott.
New The evolution of the Covid virus is smarter than we are.
When the evolution of the virus isn't stopped by the those that can't get vaccinated and the idiots that refuse to be vaccinated it will find a way to make the vaccination worthless.

Of course the drug companies will come up with a vaccine for the new South African virus, but if we don't all get it, the cycle will repeat and repeat.

Buy the drug company stock.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New It does look ugly
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59418127

(I think the same link is buried down the thread)
New ... and it made it to Europe
Traveler to Egypt tested positive on return to Belgium. It is no longer contained to southern Africa.
New The default assumption should be that it's everywhere...
until proven otherwise. Almost nobody is doing enough testing.

I'm not in the "we're doomed" camp, but the math and evolution are relentless. The pandemic isn't over and we can't stop fighting it even if we're tired and don't like masks.

The virus doesn't care.

Cheers,
Scott.
New it will continue to be the rich persons disease
they quickly transport it everywhere but have first class health for themselves leaving the rest of the regular folks to suffer
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     It's early yet, but... - (Another Scott) - (5)
         The evolution of the Covid virus is smarter than we are. - (a6l6e6x)
         It does look ugly - (scoenye)
         ... and it made it to Europe - (scoenye) - (2)
             The default assumption should be that it's everywhere... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 it will continue to be the rich persons disease - (boxley)

I have a cunning plan...
37 ms