IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 3 days alone
I don't remember the last time I've been alone. It's about 10 years. But I missed a flight. And I'm alone.

I didn't just miss a flight. I was too drunk to leave the house. My wife and daughter and her boyfriend had to leave without me. I was too drunk to go into public.

M's mother died. And we have to deal with moving a body from Florida to Pennsylvania. And the church is fully booked. So they push it out a week and say you can have a funeral at this church if you can wait a week. Okay, they ain't Jewish. Funerals are three days away Max.

So we booked flights for today and I wake up to find an empty house. The cat food and water set up like there's going to be a visitor taking care of the cats and the house is empty but I'm here. I can't find my phone either. So I'm alone in an empty house where everybody else took a flight somewhere else and I have no phone. Trust me, that's some strange feeling there.

About an hour later my phone starts ringing. Yeah the phone I couldn't find. But I see it's on the other side where it shouldn't be and it's ringing. M Junior tells me she's in Philly. What the f***?! Seems that I was not reasonable and could not be put in a car to go to the airport. So they left me. Holy s***?!

She then explains to me that they'll put me on a plane in a few days so don't worry about it and I get to be alone for a couple of days. I haven't been alone in years. Many years.
New keep your hands to yourself :-)
you will be ok, time to try to live carefully
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New You'll survive! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I've been alone about 80% of my adult life . . .
. . 90% lately.

You just have to keep yourself busy, keep your environment in order, take good care of your health, and don't let your imagination go wild.

You'll survive.
New I can do all that in 3 days?
Let's just stick with the wild imagination and leave it at that.
     3 days alone - (crazy) - (4)
         keep your hands to yourself :-) - (boxley)
         You'll survive! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         I've been alone about 80% of my adult life . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             I can do all that in 3 days? - (crazy)

?
40 ms