IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Now what was it that whacked this thread?
We've seen the ill results of pre elsewhere, but what clobbered this thread?
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New Bill Oxley's Aleut browser again, or mine: Admin?
That is:

No way for me to separate out his'n and mine - even via "Show One Reply Only" (because that includes his too - it's first reply). And that feature appears Not to work anyway - no matter if refresh direct: it never shows just selected post and one more. For me in NS 4.5

And I used no pre in my post; didn't check source - but Bill usually doesn't play HTML games anyway. Zope? Alaskan whale oil or karmatic aberration? Thought this was an xact umm 'science'.

A.

Later:

The Source - theory

My [a href] with a long titlename + the long address.. might be culprit. Remember that EZ er 'split, wrapped' some of the humongous URLs? Does Zope? Izzat it?

Ashton
Systems Analyst - MCSE grade
Cum Laude: 3 clicks/second

Expand Edited by Missing User 70 Aug. 9, 2001, 08:07:18 PM EDT
New That's not what "Show One Only" means
I should probably reword that. It means, show the selected post only (ie. one of the replies -- should be Show One Post Only).

I'll take a look to see where the HTML is farked.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New No, I don't need to reword it.
It says "Show One Comment Only".

*poke*
Regards,

-scott anderson
New That's what I thought it meant:
but selecting that, waiting for reload (which already means.. it went on down the list) - I don't ever see "the one post selected" - ONLY.

I'll try various combos of selecting that option, before and after selecting The Post of interest..

I think it's Code Red.

Tried:

"Show one comment only" appears only After one selects a post (and its little cheeldrun tag along). Select "SOCO" and: no difference! Just reloads entire thread - in fact, down to THIS one which I am editing)

A.
Expand Edited by Missing User 70 Aug. 9, 2001, 08:26:48 PM EDT
New Yes, Show One Comment Only is in comment view only
When you click it, and it reloads all of the posts again, does the link change to "Show All Replies"?
Regards,

-scott anderson
New WebWasher filter! Again - as with login.
Tried it twice! this time with WW off:

First time the "purple=read" link stayed same.
Second - turned to blue=unaccessed yet.
THEN: toggled to show proper "showall" AND indeed truncated at that post.

{sigh} Maybe need to hit that link again, add to 'good guy' WW list. Sheesh - security IS a PITA; ya gotta tell it every Little thing..

Sorry 'bout false alarm - I'm just a MCN
(Nemesis)
Expand Edited by Missing User 70 Aug. 9, 2001, 10:06:31 PM EDT
New Hmm, sounds like a cache issue or something.
Very odd.

BTW, I'd prefer that you add new posts as opposed to editing to clarify things. Keeps a better trail of what was going on, and I tend to ignore edits because I expect that they're usually typos and the like.
Regards,

-scott anderson
     Tom Tomorrow's Left Wing Wacko Test - are you Man Enough? - (Ashton) - (70)
         That is the correct way of using the word - (boxley) - (69)
             Most enlightening, thank you. - (warmachine) - (67)
                 But heaven help you if you propose... - (bepatient) - (65)
                     What's stopping you - (DonRichards) - (62)
                         I do... - (bepatient) - (61)
                             And that's the crux of the problem... - (addison) - (13)
                                 It is an issue...and a better example - (bepatient) - (12)
                                     Let me get this straight - (mhuber) - (10)
                                         Reading is fun...damental - (bepatient) - (9)
                                             OK, I'll try again: - (mhuber) - (8)
                                                 ok...lets see... - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                     Who is this "they" you keep referencing? - (DonRichards) - (3)
                                                         Ah...the innocent... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                             Point taken - (DonRichards) - (1)
                                                                 bada bing! - (boxley)
                                                     No, I honestly don't - (mhuber) - (2)
                                                         No...its not "usual"... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                             You are a victim of your times... for now - (screamer)
                                     DoE(ddication) - (addison)
                             That's the problem, isn't it? - (DonRichards) - (46)
                                 I think you missed something... - (screamer) - (45)
                                     Really? - (Brandioch) - (44)
                                         Really... Notice the selective memory now? - (screamer) - (34)
                                             Really? - (Brandioch) - (32)
                                                 Really - (screamer) - (31)
                                                     Really. - (Brandioch) - (30)
                                                         C'mon now... - (bepatient) - (25)
                                                             Well, you're right on one thing. - (Brandioch) - (24)
                                                                 There is no argument so dubious - (wharris2)
                                                                 Well thats my point - (bepatient) - (22)
                                                                     Not that I want to get involved..but a timeline - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                         Heh, amidst the noise (then).. - (Ashton)
                                                                     And the Republican's alternative was? - (Brandioch) - (19)
                                                                         So doing something stupid is better than doing nothing? -NT - (Fearless Freep) - (18)
                                                                             Unclear your referent - - (Ashton)
                                                                             If I may quote Bill. - (Brandioch) - (16)
                                                                                 Earth to Brandioch - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                                     Earth here, send transmission. - (Brandioch) - (9)
                                                                                         I did...your decoder ring is set to the wrong frequency. - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                                             Message decoded. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                                                 Unfair.. - (Ashton)
                                                                                                 look up -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                     I see.... - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                                         block grants for welfare to the communities - (boxley)
                                                                                                 Wow, and you say that's not a straw man - (drewk) - (2)
                                                                                                     Re: Wow, and you say that's not a straw man - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                                                         No, it'd be ... - (drewk)
                                                                                 Red Herring - (Fearless Freep) - (4)
                                                                                     Red Herring part 2 - (wharris2) - (2)
                                                                                         Hmm...behind closed doors.... - (Simon_Jester)
                                                                                         Doesn't bother me too much in this case... - (Fearless Freep)
                                                                                     Narrowing the focus. - (Brandioch)
                                                         swung left and had scabs on it :) -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Watch out now, you may just get this moved to - (screamer) - (1)
                                                             And the part you're skipping over..... - (Brandioch)
                                                         and by the way... Really. ;-> -NT - (screamer)
                                             My memory is not selective in this case - (ben_tilly)
                                         Oh please.... - (bepatient)
                                         Now what was it that whacked this thread? - (wharris2) - (7)
                                             Bill Oxley's Aleut browser again, or mine: Admin? - (Ashton) - (6)
                                                 That's not what "Show One Only" means - (admin) - (5)
                                                     No, I don't need to reword it. - (admin)
                                                     That's what I thought it meant: - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                         Yes, Show One Comment Only is in comment view only - (admin) - (2)
                                                             WebWasher filter! Again - as with login. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                 Hmm, sounds like a cache issue or something. - (admin)
                     Just send them checks to me. - (Brandioch)
                     Got sources for that claim? - (kelzer)
                 On "compassion" and getting older... - (screamer)
             Hey Bill - can ya keep yer margins a bit smaller L/R? - (Ashton)

Are you scared yet?
279 ms