IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sean Connery ..has met Dr. No ...at ninety. RIP
New local newspaper did a full page obit
something that big is usually reserved for heads of state.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New That's Sir Thomas Sean Connery. RIP indeed.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New I actually watched “Dr. No” last month
People departing this neighborhood, variously to greener or grittier precincts as their circumstances dictate, frequently leave boxes of chattel on the sidewalk, and this title was one of these. Dr. No was far less gadget-laden than almost all of the remainder of the Bond/Connery franchise, and also refreshingly short on the cheap quips to which subsequent screenwriters had easy recourse.

At the climax—spoiler alert—007 causes a privately-owned nuclear reactor to melt down. The regional authorities are surprisingly unconcerned in the aftermath of Chernobyl-in-the-Caribbean.

cordially,
New Goldfinger will always be the best
because of the actor who made Goldfinger a great villain. Yes, there are some hokey special effects and a woman's name that should never have been used, or even thought of, but it's still better than any other Bond films that came after.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New "Live and Let Die" had the best song, and the car flip over the river was excellent
--

Drew
New I have two adult daughters and was raised by Southerners.
So I grew up with the firm conviction that it is never appropriate to slap a woman.

Tomi Lahren and Kayleigh McEnany have caused me to re-think that view.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Sean Connery ..has met Dr. No ...at ninety. RIP -NT - (Ashton) - (7)
         local newspaper did a full page obit - (lincoln)
         That's Sir Thomas Sean Connery. RIP indeed. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         I actually watched “Dr. No” last month - (rcareaga) - (2)
             Goldfinger will always be the best - (lincoln) - (1)
                 "Live and Let Die" had the best song, and the car flip over the river was excellent -NT - (drook)
         Not going to miss him. - (InThane) - (1)
             I have two adult daughters and was raised by Southerners. - (mmoffitt)

ICLRPD.
43 ms