1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup.
Franklin - 84
John Adams - 91
etc.

MM - I mentioned 18 because I'd seen it mentioned elsewhere. Someone out there wants to include something like a new justice could only serve the remaining time of the justice they replace (e.g. Thomas couldn't resign at the end of 17.95 years and be replaced by his clone to sit there for a fresh 18 year term).

I expect there will be a lot of various proposals talked about with increasing fervor coming in January.

Rand - you were right to suspect that Moscow Mitch will keep his minions together. Supposedly he wants a vote as soon as October 28 (according to a story at TheHill today). It'll be interesting how much gravel Schumer can throw in the gears (e.g. the 2 hour rule he invoked today).

Cheers,
Scott.
New This is just a thought experiment, though, isn't it?
I don't think any of us expect there to be any changes made with respect to lifetime appointments do we? I certainly don't. I don't expect any immediate (or slowly evolving for that matter) miracles. This is a broken government printing gobs of money to move around so that no one will notice that our broken government sits atop a broken economic system.

What remains as true today as when I first uttered it during the 1992 campaign, no nation in the history of the world has survived a debt as large as ours is right now. TBH, back then I wouldn't have thought we could just continue printing money to make up for the failure of Capitalism to this point. It is amazing to me that still not enough people have looked behind the curtain to not burn it all down, but simply acknowledge that it is already burned down. It is quite the spectacle.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Thus: When?? do other countries wake-up to our ∞ paper-backed specie supply.. Hmm?
     Justice Ginsburg D I E S ... [Edited] - (Ashton) - (36)
         Re: Justice Ginsburg D I E S - (malraux) - (7)
             Worse!! ..can you Believe that? Watch: - (Ashton)
             what if it goes 4-4? great jurist, whoever gets nominated by whomever will not be as good -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                 Unlikely - (InThane) - (2)
                     Moscow Mitch has shown that he has trouble counting. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Re: Moscow Mitch has shown that he has trouble counting. - (InThane)
                 4-4 means the appellate decision stands. - (malraux) - (1)
                     And with the court stuffing Mitch has done in the past 3.5 years, that's not encouraging. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         The Senate contemplates the abyss - (rcareaga) - (26)
             What the World needs next.. - (Ashton) - (25)
                 Hey!!11 - (Another Scott) - (24)
                     Probably best that.. there's no guessing enroute to deNazification /or not ... tick tick ttick -NT - (Ashton)
                     yabut… - (rcareaga) - (22)
                         But he needs 50+1 votes. - (Another Scott) - (21)
                             Re: But he needs 50+1 votes. - (rcareaga) - (11)
                                 McConnell has had trouble counting in the past. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                     "It's not over yet." No, Our Rome doesn't burn ..we are amidst the s l o w death-via-Despicables®. -NT - (Ashton)
                                     Do you imagine, for example… - (rcareaga) - (8)
                                         No, I'm not counting on Disappointed Susan. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                             Why 18 years? - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                 On 38 years - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                     What Peter said - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                         Yup. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                             This is just a thought experiment, though, isn't it? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 Thus: When?? do other countries wake-up to our ∞ paper-backed specie supply.. Hmm? -NT - (Ashton)
                                                     (ignore; dup) - (rcareaga)
                             He just picked up Rmoney's. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                 why dont we just ditch the USSC? Since you love the popular vote so much - (boxley) - (7)
                                     That scenario played-out on TV moons ago ... Badly; If'n you don't know Why on Inspection, Pity. -NT - (Ashton) - (6)
                                         Believe they did that in "Brazil" also, and "Max Headroom" -NT - (drook)
                                         I remember Bill Clinton's election and was informed by white college educated ladies - (boxley) - (4)
                                             For every one of her, there are 10,000 of these. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                 {{Has gun, cyanide; hopes to grab gun {insurance} before elixir does it fershure.}} -NT - (Ashton)
                                                 another reason why the popular vote is a bad idea -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     ... except compared to all the others. -NT - (Another Scott)
         8 minutes: a friend's bio as lifelong friend of RBG - (Ashton)

Gollum!
63 ms