IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lots of people do lots of things they shouldn't, doesn't make it a good idea
If, in general, you agree that a "professional" does backups, why does iOS get a pass? Is the answer is that no one does backups, so we can't really call that a necessary party of the definition?
--

Drew
New I found amusing...
...the notion that some neckbeard on Slashdot (among the neckbeardiest of neckbeard sites) feels qualified to prognosticate on what is and is not a suitable platform for content creation, in spite of the evidence.

iOS backup is and always has been for whole-device recovery, full stop; there's no way, for example, to just recover your files, or just your apps, or just your settings.

iCloud has never been sold as a backup solution at all, at least as far as I'm aware. It's no different to OneDrive or Google Drive or DropBox or whatever. Well, it's different in that it has a much more annoying Windows client than the other options :D

I think most people don't do backups, over and above having a copy of their shee on one of the services above. Forex, I use OneDrive, but that's just synced cloud storage, not a backup system. I used to use CrashPlan for a proper online backup, but CP decided to fuck all their personal users a couple or three years ago.

I think most professionals - i.e. people whose living depends on it - do do backups, and they don't depend on iOS device backups for it.
     Anyone using Lightroom on iOS? - Do not start 5.4.0 - (scoenye) - (9)
         No, because it's awful :D - (pwhysall) - (8)
             The infrastructure guys aren't talking to the usability guys - (drook)
             Is this guy right? - (drook) - (6)
                 unHoly S(ch)it.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     It's not stealing if you ask - (drook) - (1)
                         ..then no more cokes for You. -NT - (Ashton)
                 Re: Is this guy right? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Lots of people do lots of things they shouldn't, doesn't make it a good idea - (drook) - (1)
                         I found amusing... - (pwhysall)

Ashes to Ashton, dust to debris.
35 ms