IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Is this guy right?
Oh, man. He was doing so well. I'm assuming he's correct on the iCloud stuff, mainly because I have no reason to think otherwise, and then he drops this neckbeard-bomb:
Either way, Apple completely screwed up the backup story on iOS to the point that no non-jailbroken iOS device can ever POSSIBLY be considered a serious tool for anything other than media consumption. It is absolutely NOT suitable for professional use as a content creation tool, because the backup story is a complete joke. So although I may mock Adobe for their poor quality control, I have to really wonder why anyone would trust an iOS device as their only copy of anything.

That'll be page one news to the millions of people who do professional content creation on iOS devices all day, every day.
New Lots of people do lots of things they shouldn't, doesn't make it a good idea
If, in general, you agree that a "professional" does backups, why does iOS get a pass? Is the answer is that no one does backups, so we can't really call that a necessary party of the definition?
--

Drew
New I found amusing...
...the notion that some neckbeard on Slashdot (among the neckbeardiest of neckbeard sites) feels qualified to prognosticate on what is and is not a suitable platform for content creation, in spite of the evidence.

iOS backup is and always has been for whole-device recovery, full stop; there's no way, for example, to just recover your files, or just your apps, or just your settings.

iCloud has never been sold as a backup solution at all, at least as far as I'm aware. It's no different to OneDrive or Google Drive or DropBox or whatever. Well, it's different in that it has a much more annoying Windows client than the other options :D

I think most people don't do backups, over and above having a copy of their shee on one of the services above. Forex, I use OneDrive, but that's just synced cloud storage, not a backup system. I used to use CrashPlan for a proper online backup, but CP decided to fuck all their personal users a couple or three years ago.

I think most professionals - i.e. people whose living depends on it - do do backups, and they don't depend on iOS device backups for it.
     Anyone using Lightroom on iOS? - Do not start 5.4.0 - (scoenye) - (9)
         No, because it's awful :D - (pwhysall) - (8)
             The infrastructure guys aren't talking to the usability guys - (drook)
             Is this guy right? - (drook) - (6)
                 unHoly S(ch)it.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     It's not stealing if you ask - (drook) - (1)
                         ..then no more cokes for You. -NT - (Ashton)
                 Re: Is this guy right? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Lots of people do lots of things they shouldn't, doesn't make it a good idea - (drook) - (1)
                         I found amusing... - (pwhysall)

That's not actually how law works.
71 ms